modern contemporary home

Asked by Funnstar, Los Angeles, CA Wed Dec 16, 2009

I am looking to buy a modern/contemporary home in any of the following areas: santa monica, hermosa, manhattan beach, beverly hills, hollywood hills, venice. my budget is $800k, i am seeking an agent who can help me out find my dream home.

Answers

8
Gary Gukassi…, , Pasadena, CA
Thu Dec 17, 2009
Hi Funstar,

I know of a modern/contemporary home in Highland Park that is almost complete in construction. I know it is not the area you are looking for but wanted to bring it to your attention since It is available and sounds like what you are looking for.

Let me know if you would like me to e-mail the property to you.

Gary Gukassian
Beverly Realty
mrggg@aol.com
818-303-4093
Deborah Brem…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Dec 16, 2009
Hi Funnstar;
Knowing the values on modern contemporary is a real sub-specialty. Because the cost for design/ architecture on a modern is generally higher (more expensive fit and finish, etc), the cost per square foot on a modern can be higher than, say, a comparable traditional. In addition, it helps to know the current architects and their work, in assessing real value. The areas you chose are good ones for finding moderns, especially Venice and Santa Monica. Beverly Hills is more difficult, unless you are willing to look at the Post Office. I would also recommend Beverly Glen and Santa Monica Canyon. Yo might also consider the Palisades, if it's not too far. Have you considered a mid century modern or a post and beam?
I've lived in a Nick Berman designed contemporary which was published in the Los Angeles Times and several notable architectural books, and over my 30+ year career have had the pleasure of representing many architectural, modern, contemporary and mid century homes. Most recently I closed a Callas-Shortridge designed home in the Post Office in early December.
I'd be honored to have the opportunity to interview with you to see if we are a good fit to find you the home of your dreams.
Thanks for your time and consideration,
Deborah Bremner
REALTOR
Certified Short Sale Professional
Coldwell Banker Brentwood West
11999 San Vicente Blvd. Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(D) 310.571.1364
(C) 310.422.4288
(F) 310.820.1457
http://www.TheBremnerGroup.com
TheBremnerGroup@gmail.com
Blogging at: http://TheBremnerGroup.com/blog
Nicole Lindl…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Dec 16, 2009
Those areas are perfect for the kind of modern/contemporary home your seeking. I would love to help in your search. Both the Westside and the Southbay is where I direct a lot of my clients and I am extremely familiar with the market--so feel free to ask me any questions you may have. You can contact me anytime.

Nicole Lindler
310.694.2288
Prudential California Realty
Elizabeth La…, , Marina del Rey, CA
Wed Dec 16, 2009
Good afternoon Funnstar.... it would be my pleasure to spend time reviewing homes until you find your dream home! As the Westside is my specialty, I can only focus on those areas, not the Southbay. Let me know how I may be of assistance.

Elizabeth Layne
310 430 5432
http://www.casalayne.com
Web Reference:  http://www.casalayne.com
Grant Linsco…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Dec 16, 2009
Hi Funnstar,

Knowing all of those areas really well, I would say it depends on how many bedrooms/baths you would like and the style of modern/contemporary. Modern homes will usually sell for a higher price per square foot than other architectural styles and in the areas you are looking in, it is slim pickens in your price range. With your budget in mind I am happy to help you establish parameters for your dream home and help you find the right place as soon or before it hits the market.

Grant Linscott
323.333.6222 cell
grantlinscottproperty@gmail.com
Rebecca Cham…, , Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Wed Dec 16, 2009
If you could give a little more detail of what you mean by "modern." Do you mean new or modern/contemporary style? I have several stunning mid century modern homes for sale in the South Bay. One is $799,000.
Jeffrey White, Agent, Beverly HIlls, CA
Wed Dec 16, 2009
Funnstar, I can certainly help you! The beach areas look like the main area of interest for you. The first place to start is finding out what your financing choice will be and where that will put you budget wise. If you have already done this and been pre-approved for a loan, that's excellent. From this point you being looking at homes and searching for ones that fit your needs and desires.

Feel free to contact me anytime as the holidays don't stop my business from providing my clients with the help and service they need.

Jeffrey White
323-251-2296
Keller Williams - Beverly Hills
Risa Liebster, Agent, Toluca Lake, CA
Wed Dec 16, 2009
Love to help make your dreams come true. I became a Realtor to do just that. Feel free to give me a call at your convenience.

Risa Liebster
818.397.9188
http://www.TolucaLakeRealEstate.net