looking to work in westport, ct but home prices are too high. what is a good community within 40 minute?

Asked by Bill Hershey, Rhode Island Mon Mar 17, 2008

commute with more moderate home prices

Answers

15
Marilyn Katz, Agent, Westport, CT
Sun Feb 15, 2009
Bill- You should consider looking in Fairfield, Easton and Trumbull. Fairfield is right next door and probably the highest priced of the 3 towns. Easton offers a lot more home and acreage, for the money.
Marilyn Katz, Agent, Westport, CT
Sat Jan 3, 2009
I would probably need more information to answer your question definitively. What do you consider a more moderate home price? How large a home do you need? If Westport is too expensive, you may be able to find a home next door, in Fairfield or possibly Easton. I'm a Westport agent, but also work in the surrounding towns.

Marilyn Katz
Prudential CT Realty
203-429-1041
Phil Caruso, Agent, Stamford, CT
Thu Sep 11, 2008
Hi Stamford is a nice city good night life beaches and a easy commute
to westport going against the 95 traffic
Dee Ceylan, Agent, Brookfield, CT
Sat Apr 19, 2008
Hi Bill,
Lower taxes, reasonable prices and 40 minutes commuting to Westport ?? your answer is Danbury or Bethel. You'll be much happier here than anywhere else (pricewise,amenities and activities). please visit my website to find more on local real estate info: http://www.deeceylan.prudentialct.com.Thank you.
Dee Ceylan

Dee Ceylan, Realtor®
Buy, Sell or Lease/Rent Anything Real Estate

Prudential CT Realty
109 North Street
Danbury, CT 06811
Tel: 203 512 3520
Email:deeceylan@prudentialct.com
Jane Phillips, , 06470
Fri Apr 11, 2008
Hello Bill - Be sure to take a look at Newtown, CT! A beautiful town and easy commute to Westport. For details on Newtown, see my website: http://www.JanePhillipsRealEstate.com
Jane Phillips
William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty 203-733-3818
Sebastian Ba…, Agent, Shelton, CT
Wed Apr 9, 2008
Hi Bill

There are many communities close to Westport which are less expensive, depending on your price range they each have something to offer. My website has a communities section where you can see the location of each community on a map and its location relative to Westport. There is a brief description of each town including the average home price. If you have any questions feel free to post more questions here or contact me directly.

Sebastian
Stacey Matth…, Agent, Washington Depot, CT
Tue Apr 8, 2008
I am a reatlor in Southern Litchfield County. Why not give Bridgewater a look, its a charming town, with lots of land trust and a real "country" feel.
I would be happy to send you some listings!
Tania A. Ste…, , Madison, CT
Thu Apr 3, 2008
I agree about Milford. There is a solid inventory of homes and the beaches are beautiful. The Town Green is one of the loveliest in CT. I have lived in this area for the last twenty years and it is amazing how much has changed, and to the better -- great shops, restaurants, things to do.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamshoreline.com
John the Bru…, Home Buyer, Connecticut
Wed Apr 2, 2008
I lived in Milford while working in Westport for about 4 years. Milford is great. The nightlife is fantastic, great bars and restaurants, easy highway access it's on Long Island Sound. Lots of activities and lots of things to do.

The negatives: the school's aren't the best. However, there are some good private schools in town. I-95 between these two towns can be a hit-or-miss proposition at times.
Holly Fichtel, Agent, Stratford, CT
Tue Apr 1, 2008
Hi Bill. Yep, I'm a realtor living in Stratford; Westport is an easy 20 minutes away - my daughter drives it daily. We have a great inventory - homes in a country setting and homes/condos on the water that are affordable to "mere mortals". Give me a call and I'd be glad to help. hfichtel@wpsir.com or 203-545-8863.
Insurance Ag…, Home Buyer, Bethel, CT
Thu Mar 27, 2008
Bethel Ct is a small town community and you will find home values are substantially less vs westport - your commute could be anywhere between 20-30 minutes depending on which section of westport. redding ct has also seen some softening in the market- just north of westport- just south of bethel depending on the level of housing you are looking for. Hope this helps. i also recommend trumbull as a look see...
David Goodwi…, Home Seller, Newtown, CT
Sun Mar 23, 2008
check out http://www.hattertownroad.com in Newtown
Donna Spring…, , 06525
Thu Mar 20, 2008

I am a resident and Realtor in Milford,CT which is a fabulous shoreline town about 40 minutes from Westport. We have a very accessible train station as well. Prices range from the mid $300,000 to over $2million (right on the water cha ching) We have a great neighborhood feel, sidewalks to make walking a breeze, tons of parks, a great down town and lots of town sponsored activities...

if you would like to find out more, feel free to contact me.

Email: donna.springer@cbmoves.com

I look forward to speaking with you.

Donna Springer
Coldwell Banker
270 Amity Rd
Woodbridge, CT 06525
Warren Gould, Both Buyer And Seller, 06461
Thu Mar 20, 2008
I'm not a real estate agent so I have nothing to sell. But you should check out Milford. It has a lot. including a busy Train Station.
Caitlin Cragg, , Connecticut
Tue Mar 18, 2008
Hi Bill,
Trumbull & Monroe are great communities with 45 minutes from Westport. What is your price range, how many bed, bath? We can narrow your search & I can better assist you. I do a lot of relocation work & I would be happy to help you.
Caitlin Cragg
(203) 615-3609
Caitlin.Cragg@Century21.com