TjodanInc.,  in 33410

looking to sell a 3/3 in area. how much am i looking at normally in broker fee? what is standard?

Asked by TjodanInc., 33410 Thu Dec 6, 2012

thank you.

Answers

9
This is a question from 2012... and it has already been answered several times, in violation of the sherman anti-trust laws...

There is no standard, usual, normal, regular, typical, average, common, commission. And to state that there is puts you in violation of sherman anti trust rules, and opens you (and your brokerage) to potential lawsuits and scrutiny from the Department of Justice and HUD.

All commissions, by law, are negotiable between the consumer and the agent/agency. Now that doesn't mean that each and every agent will negotiate his/her commission. But it does mean that each can charge what they see fit based on the services they offer, and the costs of providing those services.'

This is hammered into real estate agents as Real Estate 101. And for those of you, who are Realtors or agents, who think I, and Ron and Debra are wrong... please show this thread to your managing broker.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 19, 2013
You know why I like to beat my head against a brick wall? Because it feels so good when you stop.
Flag Thu Jun 20, 2013
Keep in mind, their managing brokers probably trained them!
Well, let's hope their managers can educate them on this topic, since RE 101 apparently didn't
Flag Wed Jun 19, 2013
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
ps
and to make it worse - it's an older question that was resurrected and answered in an improper manner!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 19, 2013
I cringe when I read answers like Jared's, Vincent's, Pamela's or Marilyn's..............way too many agents need to read up on the Federal ANTI TRUST laws!

Hopefully you know what I am referencing....but that's doubtful.

Legally, there are NO STANDARD FEES.....there are no "typical, usual , expected, normal or standard fees!!!!!!
NONE!
Seriously - did any of you ever hear about anti trust laws????

ALL commissions are NEGOTIABLE - that's the only legal and correct response to a question about commissions - and to state otherwise can be seen as an attempt at PRICE FIXING, and that's illegal.

You all really need to speak to your Broker....or someone who is knowledgeable at your Board, or at the RE commission in your state for clarification on these important issues..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 19, 2013
remember that commissions are negotiable between the seller and the broker. including what services are included. Setting a standard commission is a violation of Federal law.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2012
Bravo - at least you got it right!!
Flag Wed Jun 19, 2013
6% IS THE STANDARD FEE. IF YOU GIVE LESS, THERE ARE MANY AGENTS WILL WILL NOT SHOW YOUR PROPERTY. In fact, in this market, some properties carry a bonus if sold by a certain date.

Marilyn Jacobs
marilynfjacobs@gmail.com
561-638-9818
Jeffrey Ray & Associates
http://www.MarilynJacobs.com
http://www/FLWaterfrontCondos.com
http://www.FloridaLuxuryCountryClubHomes.com
Seriously... Debra is right... Marilyn, you're violating Sherman Anti-Trust by making this statement. 6% is NOT the standard fee... there is no standard fee, and by stating that "some will not show your property", you're suggesting "blackballing" which is also illegal!
Flag Wed Jun 19, 2013
seriously - for your own sake - you should delete this inappropriate response!
Flag Wed Jun 19, 2013
Dear Tjodaninc,

So much has to do with your goals and what you want to accomplish, how quickly and the level of service and marketing you require. The location of your property and the metrics surrounding it are important considerations. If you want to list your property and all you need is someone to put in on the Multiple Listing Service and you handle everything from that point you can get it done for a few hundred bucks. If you want professional videos and full page ads in glossy magazines and the New York Times be prepared to invest considerably more but many properties deserve this marketing to draw the best price.

Even in this market I can show you 3/3 homes in neighborhoods where nothing has sold in 2 years and inventory levels are off the charts while a mile away a 3/3 that is priced right will be under contract in hours. There is a tremendous difference in the work required to successfully sell each of these homes and a seller needs to understand the difference.

That being said you will see the total commission on the sales side of a transaction to be a 5% to 6% range more often than not. If you would like to further discuss your particular situation I would be very happy to be included on the list of Realtors®. Not only do I proudly serve on Keller Williams Agent Leadership Council I am equally proud that our office sells more homes in Palm Beach Gardens than any other office. As one of the top few producers in our 230+ agent firm I can show you a plan to get your objectives met so please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Commissions are negotiable between the seller and broker. It really comes down to the level of service you require. I offer a flexible listing system that ranges from one to six percent. If you would like to learn more about this program, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Warm regards,

Jack Rockwell
772-678-8071.
Broker fees range depending on the service you would like. Typically you will fine 6%. 3% going to the listing broker & 3% going to the selling broker. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Pamela Golec
pamelagolec@aol.com
The typical standard brokerage fee on a sale is 6%. Which in a co-broke situation would be split between the exclusive agent and any co-broking agents. Hope this is helpful. Feel free to reach out to me directly for any further questions regarding the potential sell of your home. - Jared Blumberg 917-445-1459