looking to buy near atlanta- any suggestions? max 170, 5 bedrooms, commute less than 30 minutes rush

Asked by Sacha Richards, New York, NY Sat Apr 26, 2008

looking to buy near atlanta- any suggestions? max 170, 5 bedrooms, commute less than 30 minutes rush hour...HELP!!!!!

Answers

11
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Mon Apr 28, 2008
My favorite choices based on your criteria:

Ben Hill
Mableton
East Point
Ellenwood
Stone Mountain

Your wishes are made more real by our handsome foreclosure inventory...

Bring some New York money down here.
Donna Smith, , 30054
Sat Apr 26, 2008
Sacha,
Atlanta has a tremendous amount of homes that can fit your needs. More information is needed before a solid answer can be given. As for the 30 minute rush hour commute, well depending where your job is located, sometimes just working your way to a major highway could take longer than that!
Make a list of the things you absolutely feel you need to have, then make a list of what you "wish" the property would have. A Professional would want to know if you have school age children as part of your criteria. As for the 5 bedrooms and the price of $170K, this is an easy find. But knowing the type property you have invisioned will take a whole lot more information.
I, or one of the many fine Realtor professionals in the Atlanta marketing area would be more than happy to assist you with your Relocation needs.

Please feel free to contact me at any time

Donna Smith, Broker
Donna Smith Properties, Inc.
678-925-2210
Sean Casey, , 30317
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Richard,

5 beds is NOT an impossibility with less than a 30 minute commute in your price range and demonstrates the importance of working with a buyer's agent that knows the local market. Areas such as White Oak, South Dekalb, Eastpoint and College park all offer homes that fit your needs and with a reasonalbe commute time to downtown. Some even have access to MARTA Rail for a truly seemless and enjoyable commute.

Please feel free to contact me directly by clicking on my profile, as a 15-year New York transplant, I always enjoy working with fellow New Yorkers heading to Dixie!!!
Web Reference:  http://www.kennycook.net
Marian Olive, , Lagrange, GA
Mon Sep 22, 2008
send me an email in reference to your ? to mfergu3@aol.com. Have something in mind you might have interest in-before it is too late. Let me hear from you right away. I am not a real estate agent OR you may call me at 706-407-6842. Think you will be pleased. Thanks
Ty Davis, Home Buyer, Atlanta, GA
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Here is the Georgia Dept of Education's website ranking the schools of the state. It may be useful in your search.

http://www.doe.k12.ga.us/ReportingFW.aspx?PageReq=211&St…

The link takes you to a map where you can click the county in which you're looking for and lets you see pass rates on the Math/Reading exams, social and economic breakdown, etc.
Sarah S. Tur…, Home Owner, Atlanta, GA
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Sacha,

I agree with Lee Taylor on this one. He gives you the best options. Anywhere further, and you would be sitting in some deep traffic trying to get in and out of the city during rush hour. I'm afraid you're going to have to compromise either on your commute, or # of bedrooms, or the quality of the public school system regardless.
Start thinking about which is your priority...

We are a much more affordable city than New York, but as you'll see, not as much as you might like.
Sarah
Marian Olive, , Lagrange, GA
Sat Sep 20, 2008
Have perfect answer for you. call M. at 706-407-6842
Erika, Home Buyer, Atlanta, GA
Fri May 2, 2008
If you need 5 bedrooms because you have children and you care about their education, I strongly suggest you look at the neighborhood school. 170K + 5 bedrooms + less than 30 minute commute + good public schools in Atlanta is a VERY tall order. Check out the AJC School Guide.
Jimmie Rooks, , Peachtree City, GA
Fri May 2, 2008
Atlanta is a big city. I need to know where in Atlanta you will be working. I would be glad to assist you and find your dream home for you and your family. Now is the time to buy ! Prices are good and morgage rates are low. Give me a call 770-254-8333
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Sacha,

This is a tough request. Consider looking farther outside the city. You will have many more choices and a better quality home at this price.

consider places like conyers, loganville, woodstock, etc.
Web Reference:  http://dudleysellshomes.com
Lorie Gould, Agent, Duluth, GA
Sat Apr 26, 2008
The closer to Atlanta you go, the higher the cost of homes. I hate to tell anyone that their goal is impossible to reach; however, $170,000 for a 5 bedroom within a 30 minute commute to Atlanta in rush hour is near impossible. And I am not so sure if you found it you would want to live in it???

Is there anything else important to you like schools, swim/ tennis, age of home, etc?
Web Reference:  http://www.HomesByLorie.com