looking to buy in the collegeview area of elmhurst. Last sale was in 2004 - do you think the value of the homes have increased/decresed in this area?

Asked by Buyer, Elmhurst, IL Mon Mar 8, 2010

There are no structural changes to the home - only maintenance

Answers

4
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Thu Apr 15, 2010
Homes in the College View area have sold since 2004. Your question sounds like you are reffering to a certain home that last sold in 2004 and hasn't had any changes to it, just kept up on the maintenance.

Statistically current home prices for the College View area are running about the same as they were in 2003 and 2004. The entire Elmhurst area has lost value over the past few years, however, College View as other have mentioned is still a desireable area of Elmhurst.

Current market prices are making it possible to get into areas that were previously out priced to buyers before.
Laura Stukel, Agent, Elmhurst, IL
Mon Mar 8, 2010
College View has always been...and will always be a popular area of Elmhurst. Walk to train, town, library, 2 out of 3 schools, Courts Plus facility, etc. When the subdivision was first built it was higher-end homes. Tear downs are popular there but they blend in with the stately existing homes. Elmhurst and College View have seen declines like everywhere else, but I think College View holds value very well. College View was highlighted at the top neighborhood in a recent profile about Elmhurst in the Chicago Tribune: http://www.notyetgreen.com/?p=633

Chicago Magazine runs a great article every year that shows how home values hold up in different towns. Let me know if you want some insights from their latest edition. Good luck.
James I Dahle, Home Owner, Elmhurst, IL
Mon Mar 8, 2010
Interesting question - whether the value has changed in six years, but you'll find a better way to judge the value is to check comparible houses and the price THEY sold for recently. As you know, a dollar isn't worth the same as it was in 2004, and the house itself isn't the same house it was. If you are interested in a specific house, let's see if it's still available and then go walk through it to see if you like it as well as you like the pictures of it. Call or email me if I can help: Jim Dahle, L.W.Reedy Real Estate, 630 440-6460 (celphone) or email TheJID@aol.com
Mary Bremer, Agent, WHEATON, IL
Mon Mar 8, 2010
Hello there - there have been at least 8-10 properties that have closed in the past 6 months in the College View area. Let me know if you would like me to email you the closed listings.
Web Reference:  http://www.MaryBremer.com