looking to buy a home in Manalapan NJ, i have 2 kids with high functioning Autism and am looking for a public school that can cater to their needs.

Asked by tciuraru1, Manalapan, NJ Mon Oct 22, 2012

looking to buy a home in Manalapan NJ, i have 2 kids with high functioning Autism and am looking for a public school that may have excellent services for special education students. with great integrated classes... they are 4 and 6 years old...
going into preschool and second grade,,
any suggestions on schools in the area???

Answers

8
lpost3884, Home Seller, Manalapan, NJ
Sun Sep 1, 2013
My niece has high functioning autism and has come leaps and bounds with the wonderful teachers and programs in the Clark-Mills school as well. I highly recommend!
Ella Rentiers, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Wed Jan 23, 2013
If you would like to see this home on 6 Quid Place in Manalapan just give me a call....973-865-3899
Ella Rentiers ReMax
pattid3, Home Buyer, Staten Island, NY
Wed Jan 16, 2013
I am in the same position as you with regard to finding an appropriate program for my daughter who is high functioning Aspergers as well. I have been told by special ed teachers in Manalapan, that Manalapan school district offers excellent programs but I don't have specifics yet, other than Howell has the most comprehensive program for more severe autism. My child is in high school. If you have gotten any good info, can you respond please?
I contacted the Freehold Regional School District and Jeff Moore - jmoore@frhsd.com sent me an e-mail promptly. I recommend e-mailing him with what school you are interested in and he can put you in touch with the correct supervisor.

In your case, here is the URL for the Freehold Regional High School District Special Education curriculum: http://www.frhsd.com/district/index.php?q=curriculum/offerings/special

Hope this helps.
Flag Fri Feb 22, 2013
Have nothing yet, but will start calling schools directly.
Flag Thu Jan 17, 2013
Chris Daley, Home Buyer, Manalapan, NJ
Sat Oct 27, 2012
There is a state approved school in NJ, The Yale School, that addresses the needs of autistic children. It is about 60,000 a year however, it is covered by the state if it will meet the needs of your childre. Good Luck!
Thank you!!
Flag Thu Jan 17, 2013
Ellen Barton, Agent, Monroe, NJ
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Hi , I have a child that had high functioning Autism/Asberger's. He would not attend school, today he is healed.
My daughter has attended several Manalapan- Englishtown schools..Clark- Mills is the only school that was good , in my opinion. I took her out of Wemrock..the Principal is out of reality in that school, didn't like Mems either.. I put her in Catholic schools that were better in my opinion. St Rosa Lima in Freehold and Immaculate Conception in Monroe. She is now in Manalapan High School which is a different district then the elementary and middle schools here. SO FAR , SO GOOD..THEY SEEM TO BE ON THE BALL. A Mother's love is an Autsitic child's best medicine and teacher! I have 13 years Real Estate Expereince in NY and NJ,. I am a Real Estate INstructor in both NY and New Jersey, I have listed and sold properties in Manalapan and many other areas. I live in Englishtown and my Sister lives in Manalapan, originally from the South Shore on STtaen Island. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in finding a home. ANY AND ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS , in the public schools system in New Jersey will have to provide special education for your children! EllenBarton@DeFalcoRealty.com 732 567-8468
Diane Vanvli…, , New Jersey
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Hi there....I am very aware regarding Autism as I have a very high functioning grandchild with ppd.

My suggestion to you is to search out the schools in Manalapan or wherever you decide to move..Set up appointments with the special Ed advisors, .....Pick the school system before the town, as that is the most important factor for your move.......As agents we can advise to some degree regarding schools but ultimately the choice is yours....All best to you.....

Diane
Christine D'…, Agent, Morganville, NJ
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Dear Concerned Mom,
Manalapan offers a wonderful program for children who have special needs. You can move anywhere in Manalapan Township and your children will be placed accordingly. He may be in a self contained class or mainstreamed. Each year the programs change to accommodate the needs of the students. If you child is mainstreamed they will attend either Milford Brook, Wemrock Brook, Lafayette Mills or Clark Mills. This will depend on the location of your new home.

I have 3 children who have attended Manalapan public schools. We have moved around and attended all but 1. I truly find them to be very equal. My best advice is to make appointments and interview the Principals of each school and see who you prefer. I can help you with this and to buy a house as well. My website is LuvYourHouse.com My e mail is LuvYourHouse@aol.com My cell is 917-613-5320. I hope to hear from you soon.
My Best,
Christine D'Anzieri
Keller Williams Realty West Monmouth
Alex Kushnir, Agent, Monmouth, IL
Mon Oct 22, 2012
tciuraru1,

If you are looking to buy a house in Manalapan area and dont have an agent, I would love to help you to find a new home.

As far as school district is concerned, based on where you buy a house, will determine which school your children will attend. Please look at the site provided for more local info.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Thanks!