looking in point pleasant. What is the best area? I keep seeing east of canal?? Is West of canal not that nice??

Asked by Deb, Brielle, NJ Tue Sep 7, 2010

Answers

9
Ray, Home Buyer, Cranford, NJ
Mon Sep 20, 2010
I am looking for a home and east of canal is important to me. Why, I want to be closer to the beach. When I see east of canal, that is what I think of. BTW, my search is for a second home to BE near the beach.
Kim Evans, Agent, Bay Head, NJ
Fri May 4, 2012
It is more a personal preference as far as rating the different areas in Point Pleasant Borough.
The reference east and west of the canal is more to let buyer your proximity and ease of accessing the oceanfront. The Laguna Village and Bay Head Shores sections of Point Pleasant are considered 2 of the more desirable areas west of the canal. A good number of the homes are on the water and there is a bay beach club with playground and club house available for optional membership to home owners. If you are looking to be on the water, you may also want to take a look at the homes off River Road on the Manasquan River.
James Ward, Agent, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Thu Jan 19, 2012
I too live west of the canal - the mention of "east or west" commonly seen in descriptions of homes for sale in Point Pleasant is strictly for geographical reference. How has your search gone?
Web Reference:  http://www.ward-realty.com
J, Home Seller, 08742
Mon Feb 14, 2011
East of Canal is simply closer to the beaches but NOT beachfront and not necessarily the "better" area of Point. Remember, closer to beach will bring more noise, traffic, etc. during high season. I live west of the canal, 2 blocks from it, in a very friendly, family-oriented neighborhood. I am about a 3 minute car ride to the beach or 10 minutes by bike. I am going to list my house for sale in March since my job has forced me to move north, unfortunately, since the boro is a GREAT area to live.
Bruce Waller, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Tue Sep 21, 2010
Ray,, Heres listings on the beach side for you to look through.
if you see anything you want to see up close, give me a call.
bruce
click this link to see listings, click picture to see additional pictures, click address to see area map.
http://mls.momls.com/MonmouthReports/ListitLib/show_report.a…
Lahela Dolese, Both Buyer And Seller, Brick, NJ
Mon Sep 20, 2010
My office is in the Herbertsville section of Brick, 4 miles away from the Point Pleasant boardwalk. Please feel free to peruse our website and see if anything meets your criteria.
If you need help narrowing down your options, my cell is (201) 681-8089.
Good luck with your search!
Fri Sep 17, 2010
As Anna Brocco said, real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, so we cannot answer your question without getting into trouble. I would also drive around at different times during the day to get a feel and make the determination for yourself whether you like it better east or west of the canal.
That being said, if you are determined to buy in Point Pleasant, location is of course important, but so is your price range and your criteria. My husband and I were looking in Point Pleasant, but couldn't find the right house for the right price. We wound up buying in neighboring Brick (Herbertsville section, right on the border of Point Pleasant). We're now still happily living in Brick and visit Point Pleasant very often!
If you need any help, let me know!
Bruce Waller, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Sun Sep 12, 2010
Deb, the previous answer is very good, but if I could add, that I looked at what is available on the market up to $500,000. Point beach has only 13 listing, while the boro has 113. what this is telling you is that your money goes further in the boro, while the beach tends to be more pricey. that is also reflected in the taxes.
I have sent you a link to help you shop, see anything you like, call me........Bruce

Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Much will depend on what best means to you--visit the area more than once and at different times of day, look for everything that is important you, possibly chat with locals, get a sense of belonging, etc., then make your determination-- real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.