looking for single family home in wayzata school district price in around 450K

Asked by pdipesh11, Plymouth, MN Sun Jan 27, 2013

what are the chances to find new/existing property
i am first time buyer, many people say first go with townhome and then single family home, so i am open to townhome also if that one is good to start with, will really appreciate suggestion

Answers

10
Susan Hoffla…, Agent, Shoreview, MN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Wow, you are getting LOTS of answers here, pdipesh!! I'm going to give you some different info. This question is precisely why you need to find the right agent to assist you as a BUYER'S AGENT!! It's better for you to have the same agent helping you with whatever properties you wish to see. When you secure your own BUYER'S AGENT, it's like having a personal shopper who is there to protect your best interests at all times.

In my opinion, it's better to do it that way rather than contacting a variety of different agents who are representing the SELLERS of all of those homes. If you need some guidance finding a good agent, contact me.

Good luck!!!!
Web Reference:  http://www.homestosellmn.com
Dean Gupta C…, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Sun Jan 27, 2013
If you can afford then buy the single family home. Specially when single family homes are lowest price in more than 10 years and may not be lower again in 5-10 years.On average when the incomes are less and one does not qualify $400,000 mortgages, then you buy town homes. You can even find new construction homes in wayzata school homes around $450000. We just sold one and they will be moving in First week of March.

I have been in real estate full time for last 22 years. I have 100's of buyers and sellers whom I helped.
This is biggest investment.Get only the experienced realtor who you can trust. ANY ONE WHO QUALIFY CAN BUY THE HOME. OUR EXPERIENCE HELPS YOU PREVENT THE MISTAKES WHICH AN INEXPERIENCED REALTOR WOULD NOT KNOW.

Let us meet and I will answer all the quesions you have. 763-537-8382
Joe Houghton, Agent, Plymouth, MN
Sun Jan 27, 2013
I just listed a house this morning at 425k that is 1 house away from being in the Wayzata school district and it is absolutely stunning. It's been completely renovated from top to bottom and is just 1 of several renovations we've completed together over the last couple of years. I'm happy to show you this home and any others on the market. The same contractors that did this house will also work with you and I on pricing out a renovation of any home out there. It's possible to buy a home that is extremely distressed, have my clients buy it for cash and sell it to you once it is complete and exactly up to your standards.

call, text or email me anytime
Chase Lenz, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Sun Jan 27, 2013
I think there are a few big things to consider when deciding between a townhouse and a single family. What are the association fees connected with the townhouse? It's really personal preference but if you don't want to deal with doing your own lawn care and snow removal a townhome might be the way to go as that is all included in the association fees. The downside is these fees can be high (as much as 300-400 monthly) and can increase without your approval.

Another potential draw back with a townhome is that you will most likely be sharing a wall with neighbors. Single homes normally offer more privacy.

These are a few questions to ask when starting to decide. Ultimately you should look at a few of each style in person. Give me a call or email to talk more about what you are looking for and to set up some showings.

Chase Lenz
chase@sp-realestate.com
612-819-4474
Ravit Berg, Agent, Farmington, MN
Sun Jan 27, 2013
Dear Buyer,

I have several properties coming up to the market but are not yet listed.
In addition I work with many sellers that are under water and you can get substantially better deal than the average listed.

Feel free to contact me with your information and I would love to help you.
I am a strong negotiator and can help you find a deal of a home!

My contact info is below.

Ravit.
---------------------------------
LIVE SEARCH the Entire MLS:
http://www.results.net/ravit.berg

Ravit Berg @ RE/MAX Results
http://www.results.net/ravit.berg

15451 Founders Lane | Apple Valley | MN 55124
Cell - 952.334.4179 | F - 651.460.1272
ravit_berg@hotmail.com | https://www.facebook.com/ravit.berg
Thomas Simon…, Agent, Edina, MN
Sun Jan 27, 2013
There currently are 20 homes in the Wayzata school district in that price range. Please email me your email address and I will send them to you right away. TSimonsen@Counselorrealty.com
Christopher…, Agent, Bloomington, MN
Sun Jan 27, 2013
1) I am working with a buyer right now at similar price range in your area. You can get previously constructed homes that are still newer (2000 and above) at this price. You will notice also that it is possible to get new construction at your price, however I don't really reccomend it unless there is a very specific reason. That is because with current market conditions you will "get more house" by not going with new construction. This usually shows up in finished basements (most new construction comes without the basement finished). Also, I can tell what upgrades a homeowner did with the house or improvements they made. Depending on what was completed you are actually getting a better deal than what it would cost to put those same upgrades into your own new construction home.

2) When determining whether to purchase a town-home or single family home it STARTS with the budget and lifestyle. Do you want to do maintenance and repair on a house, and take responsibility for everything else that comes with buying, or would you rather pay an association to do it? What are your needs and goals for this home-buying? What do you prioritize for neighborhood, size of house, beds/baths, etc... and which type of house in your budget meets all of those needs?

In most cases you can find both TH's and single family detached housing for your budget (especially at your price range), and that means lifestyle usually determines which is the BEST route for you.

In general, single-family detached housing is more desirable than TH's and appreciates more in the long run than a TH does. There are always exceptions.

My role with buyers like the one's I am currently working with in the same area/price point as you is to be their resource in the home-buying process. It is my responsibility to:

1) help you find the best financing for your financial situation (always the first step to home-buying)
2) help you understand the market and how that fits with your budget/goals- Your question today is a very common one that gets discussed with my clients all the time. We may also discuss school districts, crime statistics, specific neighborhoods or sub-developments, etc... basically, anything that is relevant to you.
3) Set up property searches that match your criteria- Only the realtor-accessed MLS is 100% accurate in Minnesota. You will get alerted immediately any time a property becomes available. It is normal for me to set up both TH's and single family homes in your situation, so that you can see how they may differ at different price points.
4) Set up showings and negotiate contracts- This is towards the final stages of home-buying, but ultimately I help you purchase a home! I am there every step of the way.

The seller pays our commission as buyer's agents so we are ffffrrrrrreeeeee to work with. My best suggestion for a first time buyer is to interview (or check out our profiles here on Trulia) a couple realtors and see which one you like the most.

As a first time buyer this process can be frustrating and overwhelming at times, but a Realtor will help you process information and be there as a valuable resource.

Hope this helps Good Luck! ~Chris
Bill Wallace, Agent, Bloomington, MN
Sun Jan 27, 2013
You should have lots of options with that budget for either townhouses or single family homes in either new or existing.

I'd be happy to send you my First Time Homebuyers guide if that would help you (just send me an e-mail request). The vast majority of buyers I seem to be working with lately are first timers.

Bill Wallace
RE/MAX Results - Wayzata
bill.wallace@results.net
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Sun Jan 27, 2013
Who is your agent? According to our MN law of agency, a realtor treats you as he or she would want to be treated. acts in your behalf and performs all tasks you authorize in the most professional and ethical manner possible. To add to all this, it costs you nothing to have an agent who understands your needs, your wants, your lifestyle, your family, what you do for work, for fun, for you and your community. All this for your benefit and there are many absolutely fabulous. founts of information ready to help! While it is serious business to undertake one of the most important financial and life decisions we all make, it seems to me you are probably an astute person, proud of your own level of information and understanding. Why venture forth alone? Get a no-cost traveling companion, knowledgeable, insightful and totally in your corner! Liz, 612-986-4105
Ryan Bretzel, Agent, Stillwater, MN
Sun Jan 27, 2013
I just looked and there are 59 single family homes in the Wayzata School District under $450k. What you really need to figure out is what is important to you and your life style. There are many benefits to both townhomes and single family homes. Townhomes are great for those who are very busy and might not be able to maintain the home on the outside. Single family homes are great because they normally appreciate better than townhomes and you have more privacy.

I'd be happy to send all the listings that fit your needs if you tell me a little more about what you are looking for. Being first time home buyer my best advice is to sit down with a realtor so they can explain the process from start to finish, fill you in on all the pitfalls of the market, and do a needs analysis. They can then refer you to a great loan officer who will help secure your best financing options.

If you would like to meet and chat about your options or would like more info on the homes available just send me a message. Best of luck,

Ryan