live in a house purchased with a VA loan. I want to sell it and move to Oceanside and buy a home using a VA loan. What steps should I take?

Asked by treasurewords, Oceanside, CA Thu Sep 6, 2012

Answers

8
Chris Gorno, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Hello there~

One of the best kept secrets about the VA Benefit is: If you are to rent your current home out and move up to a larger home, you may qualify for a 2nd VA Loan. A great lender can help you determine what you qualify for. If you need referrals just let it be known. Then of course you may be more comfortable selling 1st before you purchase. A good agent can help you to navigate both at the same time. 1st Step is easy: give me a call:-)

Chris Gorno
DRE# 01499885
ChrisGorno@gmail.com
http://www.ChrisGorno.com
619.788.4345
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012

You've heard from a number of Realtors below offering you their services. It sounds on the surface like you need to sell your current home and buy a new one. Whether or not it's as simple as that will depend largely on whether you are upside down on your current home, your credit report, current income, etc.

It is ALWAYS best to get customized service from the Realtor and Mortgage Broker of your choice. Each will discuss the scenario in my more detail and offer better information than anyone can do on a website.

I'd love to help you!
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Hi Treasurewords,

Where is your current home? I would love to discuss how much your current home is worth, versus the loan you have on it. Then we can talk about what you want to purchase in Oceanside. I have lived and worked in Oceanside my whole life, no one knows it better! Looking forward to hearing from you! God Bless You and Thank you for your service!!

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
Jerry Heard, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
A VA loan is one of the great benefits you have earned for serving our country. Thank you.
If you sell your current home and pay off the VA loan in full you may use your entitlement to buy a new home. You should talk to a lender to determine how much you may qualify for on the new purchase. This link has several lender who can answer that question for you. http://www.thesandiegopropertyshop.com/Mortgage-Information
After you have done that, the next step is to determine how much you can sell your home for. I can prepare a market analysis for you based on current market conditions. Then i will develop a marketing plan to sell your home quickly for top dollar.
If you would like to discuss your options, please contact me at your convenience.

Local Help with Your Real Estate Needs

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687
, ,
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Hi Treasurewords,

The first thing you should do is find out how much your home would/could sell for to determine whether or not you're underwater. If you're not underwater, go ahead and get your home listed for sale and you should think about getting pre-approved for your new VA mortgage.

If you are underwater, you'll need to figure out how you want to proceed. Do you want to pay cash out of your pocket to make up the difference or maybe hold on to the home until the market turns around?
If you're thinking about doing a short sale, don't, you won't be eligible to buy again for a few years.

One more thing to think about. You can actually have 2 VA mortgages out at one time as long as you have enough entitlement and you qualify for both mortgage payments. This means you could potentially rent out your current home and buy a new one with your VA mortgage entitlement.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help. You can also find info on my VA Mortgage website by clicking the link below.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
ENG Lending
(877)228-9069
Steven Torres, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Hello there,

Oceanside is my backyard and I would be happy to discuss with you. Please feel free to call or email me.

Steven Torres
760 586-0854
steve.torres@elitereo.com
Cecil A, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Hello treasurewords,
If you are an active or retired military you are entitled to pull out a VA loan again when you decide to purchase a home again. Sell your home as a regular sale if you aren't underwater and pay off your VA loan and apply for a new one as soon as you're ready to purchase again.
For more information call me or email
940.783.5868
bettis.cecil@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.cecilbettis.com
Maggie Gurro…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
It's always good to know what your home is worth now so you are able to get it listed and alsoyou would want to get prequalified for your new home from your bank or if you need a referral I have great Lenders. Here is my phone number 6192137422 and we can you started in the right direction.

Maggie Gurrola
Maggie@sandiegokey.com
SanDiegoKey.com
6192137422