lender’s title insurance policy

Asked by Hollie, Tracy, CA Tue Jun 12, 2012

which one we should buy:

ALTA Extended Coverage Loan Policy or the ALTA Short Form Residential Loan Policy form.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Hollie, Home Buyer, Tracy, CA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Thank you all. I will talk to them.
0 votes
Laura Coffey, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Tue Jun 12, 2012
That would depend on a few things. Especially if you wanted to resale soon. Title lender coverage is not that expensive. Usually the seller pays the main title coverage.
I would make sure whoever you get title insurance from they underwrite their own policies and have been around for awhile. Not sure if you are buying a short sale or not but title insurance is VERY important!

Check out: http://www.SteveManzo.com
0 votes
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Jun 12, 2012
It sounds like you have done some homework:
Good for you.
I suggest you talk to your Escrow Officer and have them explain the difference;
Different Title Companies have different products.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Tracy Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more