lawyer needed for property deeds

Asked by Bolland, Detroit, MI Sat Jun 23, 2012

further to yesterdays answer, the escrew agent has released the money for the property, but i dont have the deeds. This has been going on for some time!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Letitia Patt…, Agent, Southfield, MI
Sat Jun 23, 2012

Typically when you close in Michigan, you will not get an original deed.You get a copy of the deed, the HUD to show the transaction was completed, and the equivalent of a bill of sale.

The original deed is taken by courier to the County office for filing. Then it is recorded in the County records and after a few weeks, the original is sent to the address you gave at closing.

Please be careful to give the proper address to the title company of where you want the deed sent or else it will be sent to the wrong address.

However, one the sale has been completed and a deed signed and notarized, a legal sale has taken place.

You are now free to sell, mortgage or give that property away as you wish.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more