Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Viv, Home Buyer in New York, NY

200k-300k in Manhattan or Downtown Brooklyn?

Asked by Viv, New York, NY Mon Feb 4, 2013

I got preapproved by my bank already and can put down 30% for downpayment. I'm currently working on an assignment overseas and woud like to rent it out first then live there by the end of the year. Is it still possible to find a place in Manhattan (80s or below) or Downtown Brooklyn?

Answers

8
Viv - hang in - you will get some responses from NYC agents - if not, repost this question in the morning, since it's rather late now......not everyone is a night owl like we apparently are!

:)

Your budget will be challenging.
You didn't say what size apartment you're hoping for, but I would think in that range, you'll be looking at a studio.....and one that may be a walk-up.
You will have to be flexible as far as location goes, too.

If it is a co-op, you will need to check into whether there are restrictions in regard to renting it out.

I wish you al the best - there are some very helpful NYC agents who are active on Trulia - I am sure one or more of them will come along!

If not, I'd be happy to suggest a few agents .

Thanks Debbie! :)
Flag Mon Feb 4, 2013
Hi Viv,

200k-300k is great for a down payment of either 20-30% for a condominium. It largely depends on what size condo you're looking for, what neighborhood you'd like to live in and what amenities you'd like to have.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you'd like to discuss your options.

Eric Detelich
Nestseekers International
Phone: 631 662 5579
Email: ericd@nestseekers.com
that - $200-300,000 - is not her down payment - that's what she wants to spend
Flag Tue Feb 5, 2013
See Viv - told you some NYC agents would come along to help you!!

All the best, and good luck in your search!
thx :)
Flag Tue Feb 5, 2013
Hi Viv,

Why don't you send me an email in order to start your property search?

--

Nicolas Puygrenier ǀ Licensed Real Estate Broker
Mona Lisa Real Estate Group LLC
419 Lafayette Street, New York, NY 10003
Telephone: 917 499 1917
Email: nicolas.puygrenier@monalisanyc.com
my contact is ty.gallishaw@elliman.com
30 percent down payment is standard. I specialize in the Brooklyn market.I have a lot of new listings coming to market this year. My team has been ranked the number one producing Brooklyn team 2012. Please reachout to me I would like to know your budget etc.
Hi Viv, I just answered your other post. Typically you would want to restrict your search to condo units and in the price range you mentioned there are a few but definitely worth a try. let me know if I can help. Charlie Summers, Bellmarc Realty, 917-376-1648 or csummers@bellmarc.com
Viv,

If you have not been able to locate an Agent to help you in the Manhattan area or Brooklyn, I would be happy to refer you to a friend of mine. She works in NYC and could help answer your questions. I know looking for information sometimes can be difficult even with all our technology. The human connection is very important and working with an Agent who you trust in imperative.

Please let me know if I can help. Just review my profile on Trulia and send me a message and I can send along the information or email me directly at THOYT@prutropical.com if that is easier.

Good Luck with your search. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions, I will do my best to find you the right answer.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty