203k and Home Depot - must EVERY SINGLE THING be installed by them?

Asked by Vana, Milwaukee, WI Thu Apr 16, 2009

I am doing a 203k Streamline and amin the process of getting quotes/estimates for the larger projects - i.e. kitchen cabinets and installation - but don't know how to go about proposing purchases that don't require labor, i.e. buying a light fixture that I am able to install myself, or bathroom wall tile that I am able to install myself. Must every single item that I purchase from Home Depot be put into/onto my home by a Home Depot contractor? Also, how closely must my estimates reconcile with my receipts that I submit for reimbursement? If my estimate is for Thomasville cabinets, but I change my mind and go with American Standard cabinets, will I be reimbursed?

Answers

1
Alex, Home Buyer, New Durham, NH
Tue Jun 14, 2011
I know this is an old question but i'm very curious as to what the answer to this would be? I'm currently thinking about a 203k and i can also do a lot of easy work myself but not sure if that's possible.

Thanks for any and all information!