just wanted to know which builders are good ,how to approach realtor? do they charge per house they shows or which I end up buying?

Asked by nitaljdesai, Irving, TX Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

10
The United H…, Agent, Mansfield, TX
Sun Jul 22, 2012
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

I would love the opportunity to assist you throughout your home buing experience. I can save you a great deal of time, money all while helping releave the stress of buying your first estate. Feel free to contact me directly so we can experience your adventure together. Real estate agents earn their commission based off of sales closed. As a buyer you pay absolutely nothing, once you find an estate of your dreams your agent will help you place an offer and the seller will pay you agents fee's/commission. Let me help you take advantage of this terrific market.

Real Estate Consultant/3xUS Army Vet.
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-635-1157

For an updated search please visit my new site http://www.blissful-estates.com
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri May 11, 2012
Realtors are happy to show you any home for sale or to help you with buying from a builder.

Builders offer both custom-built homes that don't get started until you decide which model you want built there, semi-custom homes that have a plan already but some things can still be optioned by you as a buyer, and homes already built and ready to buy.

Builders generally pay the Realtors for you so you don't have to. The builder welcomes Realtors and pays them so that you will at least come in to see what the builder is offering. But remember to bring the Realtor in at your first visit. It is easier to work with the builder if he is aware that you have your own Realtor from the outset.

Read through some of the comments and profiles on Trulia to see if any of the Realtors here fit with your thinking. If they do, just drop them a note. It's easy - click the link below their photo or click the photo and select view profile to read about them or click Contact Me.

If your friends, family or associate at work have suggestions of good Realtors, talk to them.
Steve Vennem…, Agent, Pine Springs, MN
Thu May 10, 2012
You may want to check the better business bureau for credit ratings for builders find a realtor you like and work with one realtor is the best thing to do. http://www.mnhomescontractfordeed.com/ramsey-county
Scott Hulen, , 64068
Thu May 10, 2012
Your first step is to interview at least 5 Realtors®! Find a FULL time realtor® who has performed at least 15 transactions in the previous year, has participated in at least 3 new construction projects in the last 2 years. Then have the Realtor® show you some desirable areas which fit your needs and have long term potential at appreciation. Demand the Realtor® attend all meetings before, after and especially during construction this may be as many as 15 meetings, you need your representation at all meetings. As far as timetables go, typical is 4-6 months.
Picking a custom home builder is a lot like picking a realtor®; you should interview several builders before making a decision. Do not solely rely on a referral from an agent! Do the work yourself and interview several. Here’s a short check list of questions to ask:
1) Ask for current client referrals, 3 should be no problem & follow up with each regarding quality of the home and how well the builder did in regard to warranty work after the sale.
2) Ask if the builder is willing to do a cost plus contract this will save you money if the builder is ethical and doesn’t try to steal.
3) If you are obtaining financing ask about construction perm loans, these are one time closing loans and usually save the customer about 2,000 and may also have a tax benefit for you. It also allows you to see all the bills and control all the money.
4) Talk with the builders bank make sure the builder has the resources to complete the project
5) Do a basic background check on the builder look for items such as liens, bankruptcies, lawsuits different company names they are an officer in that are now insolvent and in the same industry.
6) Check with the local home builders association for a list of builders in the area
7) Energy cost are going up and the trend will continue pick an Energy Star home builder and have the home certified as an energy star home this will save you money over the long term, add quality to your home and help the resale down the road. For an energy star home expect to add 2-3% to the price of the home.
8) Ask to see a written copy of the home builders warranty program.
9) CONTRACTS- usually not a big deal and all 3 types work well the question is getting the best deal for you. The 3 types are: Realtor® provided (these protect the interest of the agents & brokers), builder provided (these protect the interest of the builder and usually provide more detail in regard to dispute resolution) home owner provided (these are drawn up by your attorney and favor you in the event a dispute arises) many times a builder will want to use their contracts, it’s usually fine just make sure your real estate attorney reviews the document before you sign.
10) Have fun!

That’s your top ten list! Good Luck!
John Greer, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed May 9, 2012
There are numerous builders that are worth their weight in gold, call, email or text me and I will help find you the best home for you. Whatever you do do not go visit builders without your realtor. You wouldn't go into a police station, confess to a crime and then ask for a lawyer to get you off, once you visit without us most builders will not even let you be represented. I look forward
To assisting you in your purchase!

John Greer
United Real Estate
214-460-8381
jgreer@unitedrealestatedallas.com
http://www.johngreerhomes.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Wed May 9, 2012
Nital,

We do not charge for house you see.
ALWAYS take a realtor with you to new houses.
We can discuss which builders are better than others with you.
We do not charge you differently depending on which builder you use.

I am very familiar with Valley Ranch, Las Colinas, and Coppell builders
as I have lived in the area for more than 25 years.

Feel free to call me any time and we can also visit builders and other homes too.
You can also see a list of new homes for sale at the link below.
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/23475,23487…

Bruce Lynn
214-675-6992
Pat Wyckoff, Agent, Irving, TX
Wed May 9, 2012
I can help you with understanding pros and cons of the various builders. I am a new home construction specialist. Realtors are normally paid by the builder or the home owner so you do not have to pay the buyer's agent fee. If I can help you in any way you can reach me at 214-704-8893 or my email patw@rmdfw.com. I office in the 75063.
Chris Menegay, , Irving, TX
Wed May 9, 2012
Lol - i'll be the contrarian here. The builder will generally pay 3% of the sales price to whatever realtor you use, so you don't pay anything. So get one, there's no real harm. Some realtors, like us, give a portion of their commission back to the buyer at closing. So oddly, we do charge by the hour, but we end up paying you because the commission is almost always in excess of our charges. In north Irving, those are expensive homes, so the amount we pay you would likely be substantial. Check out our website for more info. http://www.newoption.com. Give us a call as well if you have questions. 972.399.9639.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed May 9, 2012
Happy to assist you all your questions are valid.

1. NEVER purchase any home unless you use a Realtor. We read contracts all day , and contractors for new build can be confusing to the home buyer .
2. Realtors are paid at closing WE don't charge per home we show OR per builder meeting .

Contact my office today
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Kim Nwachukwu, Agent, Irving, TX
Wed May 9, 2012
Hi Nitaljdesai, this is Kim with Ebby here in Las Colinas and Coppell. Approaching me, or any of us really, is very easy. Just give me a call or send me an email. I'll get back with you so that we can talk about your home search project, what your needs, goals and timing are, and which builders fit your plan. I get paid when buyers purchase a home, not before, so I do my best to build a relationship of trust with them so that we can operate as an efficient team to obtain them the best home for them, and the best pricing and terms on that home. Click on my profile to find out more about me - this is my target area, I've lived her a long time and am very knowledgeable about the builders and the neighborhoods here. I would love to chat with you about your plans - call me anytime. Best regards, Kim