is this a good time to buy a vaction condo in narragansett RI?

Asked by Kellie, Katonah, NY Tue Oct 16, 2007

Answers

6
Alayna Berek, Agent, Exeter, RI
Mon Jan 28, 2008
Wintertime is always better to purchase in Narragansett. Right now interest rates are low and inventory is high which is beneficial to a buyer. A purchase decision now would really depend on how long you are planning to hold onto this property. If you need any help, contact me.
Web Reference:  http://www.alaynaberek.com
The Bellevue…, Agent, Newport, RI
Fri Jan 11, 2008
It always depends on your long term goals and your overall financial picture. Speak to a professional financial planner or your accountant before you buy anything! Then contact a good mortgage broker and find an experienced realtor. The economy in southern RI and Newport County is continuing to add jobs which will help the market throughout the area. Inventory levels are somewhat high but demand continues to keep pace. I'd be happy to share some statistics and my thoughts on the market on request. chapmana@raveisre.com. Arthur Chapman, Broker/Owner, William Raveis Chapman Enstone, 49 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 02840 401 846 3800
Web Reference:  http://www.raveis.com
Trevor Ainsw…, Agent, Watch Hill, RI
Sat Dec 15, 2007
hi kellie- most will agree that the only properties that will hold value over the next few years will be the ones along the water. be it ocean or lake. however, purchasing durring the winter months is a great idea. it is almost like shopping for christmas decorations right after christmas! sellers who didn't sell over the summer due to rentals or their own use of the property are more eager to sell. as soon as the thought of summer comes along the prices will once again rise and you will be paying top dollar. drop me a line if you are interested. why just narragansette? there are many great beach communities along the ri coast. charlestown, westerly, south kingston...ps. did you get a lot of snow in katonah this week?
Bill Welch, , 02813, 02891,02840,02804,02808,02812,02822,02832,02835,02881,02882,02852,02883,02878,02875,02879,02894,02898
Wed Nov 21, 2007
Hi Kellie! As of today there are 41 active condos listed in Narragansett, RI. The list prices are between $249,900 - 1,200,00. The higher prices are closest to the ocean. It's a buyers market here in South County, RI. You will enjoy the ocean, food & entertainment here in RI. We moved here from CT about 10 yrs ago! If I can be of any help let me know. Bill
Brenda Ferna…, , Rhode Island
Sat Nov 17, 2007
I have just joined and noticed you have not had a local repsonse yet. The local market in RI is definitely abuyer's market. Since Narragansett is normally a higher rpiced area of RI, this is an excellent time to buy a condo or single family there for occupancy or investment.
Brenda
Infinity Rea…, , Saratoga, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2007
Sorry knowone has responded from your area. My suggestion would be to call a realtor in the area suggested ask them how things are doing in the area. With rates still at all time lows and that in a buyers market in my eyes is an oppurtunity. Get a professional in the area, if you need a referal send me an email.