is this a flood area. will I need to purchase floor ins for this property 1827 Regatta rd?

Asked by Brenda Malbrough, Kingwood, TX Mon Jul 22, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Andrea Bauti…, Agent, Falcon, CO
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Hello Brenda

are you already working with an agent? I am a Realtor with Better Homes and Gardens Gary Greene and our office is located across the street from Walden on Lake Houston. We have a in house insurance company who could take care of your concern.

If you are in need of a Realtor you can contact me at

Andrea Bautista
Cell 832-646-4742
0 votes
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Jul 22, 2013

You can look up any property in Harris County using this web site set up by the Harris County Flood Control District It shows a map and it is color coded to show you the 100yr, 500yr flood zones as well as flood ways and other information.

Would highly recommend buying flood insurance on any home. When your not in the 100yr flood plain, the lender will not require you to purchase it. However, when not in the 100yr flood plain, it will be fairly cheap! $250-$375 a year. A flood can happen anywhere and with the way it rains in Houston, not a bad investment.

I'm closing a home in Walden on Lake Houston today for a seller. Let me know if you need assistance as I show homes all through that area.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
0 votes
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Jul 22, 2013
According to the latest FEMA map, it is not located in the flood plain. I would still purchase flood insurance ... one never knows. The premiums will be minimal, given that the property is outside of the flood plain. You couldn't replace a piece of furniture for the cost of the policy, probably a few hundred dollars a year. Check with your insurance carrier to be sure. I hope this helps ... best of luck.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
Web Reference:
0 votes
Tony Hiner, Agent, HOUSTON, TX
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Brenda are you working with an agent, send me an e-mail and we can talk about your concerns. Your insurance agent could give you information about flood insurance.
0 votes
Alan Harper, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Send me an email, I give 1% back to buyers at closing

World Wide Realty
0 votes
Allen Hebert, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Brenda-your insurance agent can give you up to date information on your question-
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more