is there any 'concern' about the SW vs NW porta vista communities...it seems like the NW is a bit far out from shopping...any other or -- ?

Asked by wrobinso, Fairlawn, OH Mon May 21, 2012

the better prices seem to be on the newer NW porto vista units...is that because they are so far from shopping,cinemas,restaurants...or is it taxes, or crime or something else???? the SW area looks like it is closer to the "action"...how is the area for crimes,etc?

Answers

7
Melissa Park…, Renter, North Fort Myers, FL
Tue Nov 11, 2014
I have been a property "owner" for 20 plus years- and owned beautiful homes that I have doubled the value of with my husband- as he did his day job and I basically made the home what it was- beautiful and desirable to buyers. I also raised 3 children, did the bookkeeping, investigating, painting,decorating, listing, etc... and we double our profits- but then D Day came. He "Mid-Lifed" on me and basically lost his sense of reason.... his loss- but I paid too, emotionally, financially and how people see me once they see that I have to rent at around 1000 or less a month. The issue I am have is with your statement is how you classified "Low Income Renters" and that" they have decreased the quality of your life in Porto Vista". Please, please do NOT equate a lower income individual (especially when things have happened to them in life that are beyond their control and they lose all they have worked for-) Believe me NO ONE is immune. It can happen to anyone- even your job, your money, your investments... the strength of security that they offer you or anyone is like a protective wall, but, in your imagination alone. I was one that had it all and in ONE day became one who barely had a thin, and was so crushed that I couldn't even get through a entire work day without breaking down into tears. Which made it even harder to pay rent. I was lost and afraid, but didn't lose my sense of cleanliness or taste or intellect. I can make a 750 dollar rental (a month) clean and classy to where the most distinguished of guests feel at home. In fact, I know A LOT of wealthier people who are basically slobs. Money and income does not create a better person, neither morally, nor in any other aspect of life. Financial inequality is just another form of prejudice and being familiar with both sides I can speak with accuracy and experience.
Lhartford03, Home Buyer, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jun 3, 2013
NW Isles of Porto Vista - has begun allowing more of the lower income renters which I feel takes away from the quality of renters. Most people in this community that have dogs are supposed to pick up after them - they don't. I wouldn't want my kid running through the grass - it is full of dog feces. Moving away from this complex soon (have been living there 3 years and have seen degredation).
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon May 21, 2012
The SW Cape Coral location of the Porto Vista Condos is definitely closer to the action. It is a straight shot down Chiquita Boulevard to Cape Harbour and just a couple blocks north to Cape Coral Parkway. Here is a resource to view active listings at the Porto Vista condo community: http://www.greaterftmyers.com/porto-vista-condo.php

Good luck with your search!
Carolyn Gian…, , Cape Coral, FL
Mon May 21, 2012
You should really get in touch with a realtor that specializes in being a buyer's agent so you can get all your questions answered.
Fred T. Price…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon May 21, 2012
This community was built and sold in the top of the real estate bubble. Most recent solds are foreclosures or shortsales. It is a great value for a newer unit. Each building has its own HOA so you need to find out how strong the HOA for the building is. The master HOA is alright. Its only 2-5 miles to movies, shopping etc.
John Martin, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon May 21, 2012
Both communities are in good areas. The NW is actually called "The Isles of Porto Vista" and is located a little further away from what people would consider the center of action. It is further from the larger commercial areas of Cape Coral as well as South Fort Myers and the beach areas. It does have its own area of restaurants and things to do, but is also considered to be the outskirts of the area. The SW area is more centrally located with access to the commercial areas of Cape Coral as well as Fort Myers. Both have their pro's and con's. Both are considered safe and crime is not really a concern for either. I see that you have asked a couple of questions about these communities. Please feel free to give me a call: 239-246-3004 if you have any other questions instead of waiting for them to be answered on here. You can also email me directly: jrmartin.mig@gmail.com. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

John Martin
Sun Realty
239-246-3004
jrmartin.mig@gmail.com
http://www.searchleecounty.com
Margie Birch, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon May 21, 2012
You are correct, the SW area is closer to the 'action'. The NW area is nice as well. However it is a newer more recently developed area, and there is less commercial development at this time.

I suggest you get together with a realtor in the area who can truely answer all your questions. There are other factors to consider which I won't get into in this forum.

If you'd like more information, I'd be happy to help. Just give me a call or email me directly.

Margie Birch
mbirch1@comcast.net
239-691-1303