yah_ucr, Home Owner in Roanoke, VA

is there a way to report listing fraud?

Asked by yah_ucr, Roanoke, VA Fri Jan 31, 2014

Viewed property (a condo in a 100% invest rate community), made offer and never got response to our offer in a week, during which time listing agent was scarce and the lender (recommended by the listing agent) stopped responding again once I told him the property address. They were dragging us along by saying the sellers accepted our offer and were signing it, but nothing happened. As soon as we warned them we would walk away if we didn't hear the seller by at the end of one-week, the list agent is nowhere to be found anymore. The condo is in DC, 86 Webster Street, NE Apt 201, 20011. I want to report them so they take their lie off the listing.

Answers

2
What was your offer? If it was a low ball offer, well…. The listing agent/broker has no responsibility to represent you, regardless of your offer. they're repping the seller. You can always call his broker. But, again it depends on your offer. I get people who complain all the time about not receiving a response, but they also come in, $100k off asking. Not that that is your situation, but professionally it would nice to receive a call back. Now, if you made a full offer, no contingencies, all cash and they didn't take your offer, you may have a case, especially if the property has been on the market a long time and they're using the system to bring in buyers and flip them to something else. I've just been on the phone with, two attorney going over that exact situation. But the buyer has an agent, me. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 31, 2014
Well, for me they are fraud all right, and I am reporting them all right right here...
addition to the address above, the seller is 101 Geneva, LLC and listing agent represents Remax Excellence Realty in DC/MD areas. They are not to be trusted as it is pretty much like a coal ball on snow that they were wearing the same pair of pants.

As to technical details, we (we are working with a realtor) came in at 92.7% of asking price, i.e 8K short of full price, Full document signed, earnest check, bank preapproval (which took me so much work to secure as most of the banks are smart enough to stay away from these famine causing Fusarium fungus, who are messing up the DC housing for all of us who actually like to live there and enjoy the great city). I don't think these details mattered at all, at one point the listing agent was saying they were signing it and he was just waiting for them to send the offer back...they dragged on until we walked away so they aren't at default.

Anyway, anybody wants my corroboration in similar cases feel free to post. Gladly to share experience. What else can we do? I will go back and "kill more fusarium, and save the world" as we swore to our profession.
You don't understand the process.. that doesn't mean anyone committed fraud. 92.7% of asking price is low in some markets. Homes are selling above list in many areas. I've been protecting the rights of homebuyers for 19 years and counting. I have never met an agent who committed outright fraud.
Flag Sat Feb 1, 2014