is there a list of condo buildings that are: 1)pet friendly; 2)on the ocean; and 3)in greater ft lauderdale?

Asked by Arlene, Chicago, IL Mon Apr 28, 2008

area and surrounding cities such as pompano, sea ranch lakes, etc

Answers

8
Joseph Koren, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sun Jun 8, 2008
Hello Arlene,
No one that I know publishes such a list, however, because we are located on the beach in Lauderdale By The Sea, and have several concientious agents in our office, we have created such a list from experience. We also maintain a file of typical floorplans of the various buildings on the beach, and we also keep track of where you can dock a boat as well. It's all part of what I call "product knowledge". I sometimes lose business to those who go West of the Intracoastal, but I provide superior service if you want to live East.
Ree Abbott, Home Buyer, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Hi Arlene: Yes, there are several. I am looking with a client right now and there are a few buildings in Pompano Beach and Fort Lauderdale on the beach. Some of them have weight and breed restrictions. What is your price range? How many bedrooms & baths? What is your dog's weight & breed? How many dogs? These are all things that you need to tell your agent, as all buildings are different. Feel free tos end me an e-mail and I will let you know which buildings accept pets.
Thanks and best wishes, Ree Abbott, (954) 465-7464/ buyinflorida@bellsouth.net
Esther Mantel, Home Buyer, 33180
Tue Jun 3, 2008
Hi Arlene,
There is no specific list that I am aware of, but as a realtor a list can be generated using the MLS system.
Steve Sapien…, Home Buyer, Pompano Beach, FL
Thu May 15, 2008
Don't know of a list but you can research the homes in Sun Harbor in Pompano Beach
Esther Mantel, Home Buyer, 33180
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Hi Arlene,
Giving all your criteria to a Realtor that you feel comfortable with should be your goal. This Realtor should be able to find you the right place within the criterias you have given them. If they don't, do not hesitate to change Realtors until you feel comfortable with the one you are working with. Remember its a win-win for both of you!
Linda Risden, Agent, Stuart, FL
Mon Apr 28, 2008
We happen to specialize in pet friendly communities in the areas you inquired about. Please provide specific criteria of what you need and the type of pet with approx weight and I will forward you all the properties that are available.
Angela Schra…, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Mon Apr 28, 2008
As Greg said, you would need a Realtor to put something together for you. There are some more criteria which will help to narrow the list down for you:

a) Would you qualify for a HOPA (Housing For Older Person Association) building - over 55
b) There's usually a threshold as far as pets are concerned - is your pet over or under 20 lbs! (I'm serious)!
c) What is the price range you are looking at - some of the buildings are very reasonable, others start in the $900's +.
d) Do you have a floor preference - remember the higher the floor, the higher the price!

Do you specifically want ocean and ocean view or is Intra-Coastal view OK too? We often find that clients prefer the IntraCoastal, particularly in Fort Lauderdale, because the view at night is so very spectacular. the ocean just turns dark, with the exception of one or two lights from a passing boat! Just a thought for consideration.

Do let me know if I can help you put together a list.

Angela Schrager
954-816-7996
Web Reference:  http://www.villagrealty.com
Gregory Hort…, , 33326
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Hello Arlene,

There is no website that I know of that will give you a list of all the buildings association rules. However I would be happy to help since I work in the Fort Lauderdale area. Please let me know more about the type of condo you would like to own and I will compile a list for you that fits your needs. I look forward to helping you.

Gregory Horton CIPS
EWM Realtors
Chairmans Club
1700 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, Fl, 33301
Direct 954-295-4734
E - Mail Horton.g@ewm.com