is the area around Brighton High school safe? There is a home on South Winton Rd that I am interested in buying

Asked by Zabz102, 14618 Fri Nov 5, 2010

Answers

4
Cathy Barton, Agent, Fairport, NY
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Brighton High School is located at the '2 corners'. There is always heavy traffic, and lots of commerence in the area, people walking etc. Of all areas, I think this one would be a very safe area. I would allow my children or grandchildren to walk by themselves in this area. I often take lunch in the area. ...Rest easy!

Cathy Barton, Broker
Allison James Estates and Homes®
Direct line: 585-586-8850
Direct email: cbarton@rochester.rr.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Nov 6, 2010
In addition to asking the police department all your questions regarding area safety-- if you are not too familiar with the area, do visit again more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, drive around and check out everything that is important to you, etc., then make your determination, will your comfort level be reached.
The Carmen L…, Agent, Pittsford, NY
Sat Nov 6, 2010
Great Questions! Bill's answers are right on! Check with the Brighton Police Department. Also, you should be represented by a buyer's agent who can help with questions about the property and make sure you are not paying more than its worth. Let me know if I can help!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Nov 6, 2010
Zab,

Often the best source for this information is the local police department or county sheriff's department.

We recommend seeking information about the local "Drug Free School Zone" boundaries that do have a positive impact on police presence and school zone safety. This area normally extends well beyond the school boundaries and into area neighborhoods.