is now a good time to sell? Would it be better after the hol8idays?

Asked by jolonglpta, Haymarket, VA Fri Nov 23, 2012

Answers

4
Shelley Mast…, Agent, Haymarket VA, VA
Sat Nov 24, 2012
As long as you don’t mind a little inconvenience during the holidays, this is a good time to sell. Some sellers choose to take their homes off the market due to the holidays. The inventory is low and if your home really shines and is priced correctly could sell faster than normal. You would also have some good priced comps to help you from the 3rd quarter. After many years in the business I see appraisal issues in the spring. Call me for a free competitive market analysis.
Janet M Lange, Agent, Centreville, VA
Sat Nov 24, 2012
Because inventory is SO low at this time of year, you will have little competition if you place your home on the market. This is a GREAT time of year to sell: buyers at this time of year are very serious! Buyers want to be in their new home before the end of year holidays AND be able to get the tax deduction. If you wait until the "Spring" market, your home will have a lot more competition.

I just sold two homes that will close before the end of the year because the buyers want the tax deduction and to take advantage of the very low mortgage interest rates!

Please give me a call at 571-722-4348, if you would like to take advantage of the current market!

Janet Lange, REALTOR, ABR, CDPE, e-PRO, GRI, SFR, SRES
Avery-Hess, REALTORS
Chris Lail, Agent, Haymarket, VA
Fri Nov 23, 2012
Now, is actually a great time sell. The inventory is very low. I had one sell in 48 hrs last week and they have had it on and off the market for the last two years. If you have any questions I can be reached at 703-623-1173
Stephanie Ha…, , Fairfax, VA
Fri Nov 23, 2012

I just talked to several other homeowners just recently about the many advantages to selling now rather than later. During the holidays most homes show better because they are decorated for the season. Another couple of reasons is that buyers looking to buy now are very serious. They want their new home for the holidays not to mention the tax benefits. There re several other reasons that a priced right home can sell very quickly now rather than later. I would love the opportunity to discuss this further.
Caller text me at 703.596.2035 or or visit my website for market information and then call, text or email with any questions that you may have.

Kindest regards,
Stephanie Hardman