Home Buying in Knoxville>Question Details

eddie, Home Owner in Knoxville, TN

is now a good time to sell?

Asked by eddie, Knoxville, TN Sat Sep 1, 2012

Answers

8
The Knoxville real estate market is on an upswing, in my humble opinion. As a Realtor, I have been busier now than I have been over the past year. Rates are low and buyers are realizing that now is the time to make smart Real Estate decisions that will impact them and their families for years to come! As a seller, this should be music to your ears. Carpe diem! Check out my website for more helpful info and free tools and guides.

http://laura-foster-realestate.com/selling-a-home/
I agree with most of the agents that now is the best time to purchase. However, as one other agent stated below, the "upswing" doesn't mean home selling prices are rising rapidly. As a homeowner who recently sold my property, I can tell you that buyers are definitely looking, however, that doesn't mean you will get the price you need or desire. Make sure your listing agent sits down with you and does a thorough market analysis. You don't want suprises when an appraisal comes in low. You can also go ahead and have an appraisal, which will eliminate buyer's questioning your price and eliminate the guessing game.
This is just a darned if you do, darned if you don't market. If you sell now, you could take a loss (or not make at much as you would like), but if you wait, interest rates could climb and you may not be able to sell as quickly or purchase another home for yourself at a low interest rate.
Weigh your options before making a decision.
Flag Mon Oct 1, 2012
Prices are trending up and my listings are showing regularly. This is a great time of year to sell. Winter months are traditionally slower than spring and fall. This is a very opportunisitc market and if your home sells lower than you expect, you can buy a home at a lower price with lower than ever interest rates. Call me anytime.
Good morning!

It can be a great time to put your home on the market, depending on several factors. Why are you interested in selling? Are you in the market to buy another home? What is your personal timeline? The answers to all of these questions are important in determining whether now is the right time to sell. I'm sure you've heard that it's a "buyer's market" right now--that means that buyers are looking for good deals, and may be more inclined to buy if your price matches their desire for a bargain. The good news is, that you may sell your home more quickly through proper pricing, while benefiting from this kind of buyer's market if you are looking to purchase a new home as well!

Would you like more information about potentially listing your property on Augusta Avenue? I would be more than happy to speak with you about the specifics, and about what you can expect should you choose to sell your home. I can also help you find a new home in East Tennessee or, if you are moving out of the area, help you select a reputable REALTOR® in the area to which you are relocating. Please call me at (865) 323-1836 or e-mail me at caroline.holt@coldwellbanker.com anytime. I look forward to speaking with you!

Warm wishes,

Caroline Holt, REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
What are YOUR goals for selling? Time? Price? Several factors will affect the answer to your question. All real estate markets are local - good news is that our local market is improving.
It's best to sit down with a professional and discuss YOUR goals for selling your home and get an opinion with YOUR specific goals in mind.
Deanna Mendenhall-Miller
Alliance Sotheby's International Realty
(865) 503-7996 cell / text
info@dmendenhallmiller.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
"Over the past 6 months, more than 75% or 5,196 of all real estate agent listed property by "wanna-be" house sellers have failed at the task of selling a house."

Real Estate Prices Rarely Jump Quickly to the Upside. People often talk about real estate prices like they change over night. From cocktail party chat to listing appointments, everyone asks "Are you seeing any upward movements in prices?" Real estate prices don’t work that way. They don’t double overnight. There are governors in place that keep property prices from moving up – things like ability to pay (interest rates, lending practices, personal income) and third party evaluations (homes often must appraise for the sale price). http://justsoldknoxville.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Depends on your ability to price your home correctly. I'd be happy to consult with you one on one to see where your home fits into our local market. 865-386-8563
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
It depends. It depends on your situation and your needs. Are you in a hurry? Are you able to wait? Where is your house located? Lots of questions will impact the answer to is now a good time to sell.

As for the market...inventory of available houses has decreased significantly. Low mortgage rates have brought out some buyers who probably would have waited. Sales are increasing.

Politics may come into play as well. As we rush headlong into Presidential candidate bashing some people will be a little shy about buying a home because they want to wait and see who is going to win to decide whether or not they are going to move to Canada. Others may rush to buy because they are afraid of who will win.

The short answer is any time is a good time to sell. Why would you hold off? There is no such thing as being able to time the real estate market. I'd say go for it...if your situation warrants it.

Hope this helps.
Bob
Web Reference: http://knoxcastles.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
With mortgage interest rates at historic all time lows, it could be the best time ever to sell. That being said, everyone's situation is different and many factors should be considered.

It is my opinion, that you should meet with a Realtor to discuss your individual situation and what may or may not be best for you.

I would be happy to meet with you to access your individual situation.

Catrina Foster
865-414-9901 or 865-966-5005

http://www.catrinafoster.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012