Hardworkinmo…, Home Buyer in 94551

is mello roos charged in all newer homes in livermore?

Asked by Hardworkinmomma, 94551 Sun Oct 24, 2010

Answers

6
No, you usually see Mello Roos in Tracy or Manteca.
Thanks Again,
Robin Young
Alain Pinel Realtors
877.371.1881x701
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 24, 2010
Yes there is Mello Roos in most new communities. Those fees are to pay for schools, parks and other infrastructures. Click this link to learn all about newer communities in Livermore! Please let me know if there is any further information that you would like to know!

Dan Gamache
925.918.0332

Livermore Neighborhoods
http://livermoreneighborhoods.com/
Hi Hardworkinmamma,

Are you in Copperhill or Meritage? The reason I ask is, Copperhill is currently under litigation (lawsuit against the builder), making it very hard to sell until the lawsuit is settled - of course, you can rent the place in the mean time, but you may need to sell to qualify for something else.

Not sure about Mello roos in either place, property tax is based on assessed value (a little over 1% of purchase price, plus special assessments like the Livermore school tax and city sewer service, which can add an extra $500-1000 on your annual bill.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Will Bateson, Broker
Sidewalk Homes
CA$H BACK! when you buy
925-455-0845
will@sidewalkhomes.com
Hi Hardworkinmomma,
Actually, yes, there is a Mello Roos CFD charge on homes built in your area. It's probably listed as a CFD NO 99-1 item on your tax bill. The extra tax isn't fun...that's for sure. The thing about those types of property taxes, is that they expire once paid off. There should be a phone number (usually an 800 number) on your tax bill that you can call to get more detailed information about the tax, what the payoff amount, etc...

The majority of properties in Livermore don't included that type of CFD tax. (I know, since I'm looking at my Livermore tax bill right now! ;) ) So it would be possible to move across town to avoid paying that kind of tax. If you'd like to know more about that and if it's beneficial for you, feel free to contact me.

Have a great day!
thank you so much for your answers! :) maybe i read my property tax bill wrong but i am paying quite a bit in taxes for my condo/townhome off collier canyon. i was thinking of moving across town where the property tax bill is not so high.
No livermore homes new or old have Mello Roos in Livermore that I have heard of. In fact to further assit you I have I have not heard of anywhere in Livermore that has mello roos! I know for sure Mountain House & parts of Tracy have them. Steve Eveleth Livermore Real Estate. Livermore Real Estate agent. Livermore homes for sale. http://www.steveshomesearch.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 24, 2010