Allen, Home Buyer in 76118

is lakes of river trails in Hurst, FW, 76118, a good place to buy a house( wondergin about flood)?

Asked by Allen, 76118 Wed Jun 29, 2011

Answers

7
I have personally sold at least one home on every street I think in that neighborhood over the past 12 years. In fact, just closed one Monday over there. When the neighborhood was first built in the mid to late 80's the owners were required to have flood insurance on the homes initially because part of the area did lie in the 100 year flood plain. However, changes were made and the area was built up and natural flood controls were put into place. It was not long until flood insurance was no longer needed. Currently I am not aware of any subdivision in that area that lies in the 100 year flood plain per FEMA. There is a small part of 76118 that still lies in the 100 year flood plain, but it is on the other side of 820 in Richland Hills just south of Glenview, and north of Hwy 10. There are a few homes built in the 50's and 60's that still require flood insurance.

At this point I personally would not be concerned about flooding in the River Trails area. I have not heard of any home ever flooding in that neighborhood. When you are ready to buy make sure you have a Realtor that is knowledgable about the area and make sure that they check the flood zone prior to offering on a home. By law an owner must disclose if the property lies in a flood zone area.

Let me know if I can be of futher assistance.

Mindy Lowry RE/MAX Heritage
682-559-1246 cell
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 29, 2011
So is it safe buying home there.Because the builders are saying there is no problem. Can we believe them.
I also heard about flood in that area especially the roads in that area.
You can go to the FEMA website and check on that. FEMA has made changes to the flood plains recently not in all areas but some. It would be worth checking and that's the best resource.
PS I have checked 4 homes for sale in Lakes of River Trails and none have been listed in the 100 year flood plain.
Lucy
I would be happy to contact The Title company for s specific address that you are interested in purchasing. The roads in and around Hurst do flood in torrential rains. I understand a home buyer's dilemma in purchasing a home that is included in the 100 year flood plan. In Texas there are many areas that developers have installed french drains to prevent properties from becoming a flood nightmare.

I have looked a several homes in Lakes of River Trails and none are listed as being in a flood zone, As far as a good place to buy a home, I will send you demographic statistics as Realtors are ethically bound not to steer clients to or from a particular neighborhood. We can provide you with tangible information to assist you in arriving to an intelligent and informed decision.

Feel comfortable to contact me: puniwai@fathomrealty.com and I will provide due diligence in obtaining the information you need.

Lucy A. Puniwai
Allen,

I don't think they would have built all those homes if they thought they would flood.
However some of the roads around there do flood. See the attached video.
I think South Precinct Road does flood sometimes....so if you have to go that way,
you may have to go around. It's a pain to go around and lots of traffic on those days.

Here are some of the homes I show in this area for sale now:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/23919

Even if you want to buy a new home, always use a realtor.
We'll help you check out issues just like the one you asked.

Bruce Lynn
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX