is it west chicago? is it a good erea?

Asked by Alina, Austin, Chicago, IL Thu Dec 2, 2010

Answers

4
See 20/20, Home Buyer, 60155
Thu Sep 15, 2011
If you your not looking to go outside then yes. , Bad school so you would have to be single without children. Other than that its close to downtown, cheap property, that you could fence your self in.
Jerry Grodes…, Agent, LOda, IL
Fri Dec 3, 2010
Alina,
If you ask 100 people, you will get 100 opinions based on each person's perception of what "good" is. Your hopes, dreams and expectations are unique and should be addressed. In addition to the references from other answers, I suggest you drive thru the area day and/or night to form your impression of the area. Having worked there in the business field for some years, I can say it is bolstered by a resilient industrial area, an Army Reserve base, forest preserves and even some new shopping areas... much needed in the area. Some of my favorite privately owned, restaurants are within minutes of there! Its location by the expressway and access to downtown is terrific and cannot be overlooked.
Lert me know if you have more queries.
Jane Grant, Agent, Aguanga, CA
Thu Dec 2, 2010
Alina: Go to http://www.city-data.com and create a profile so that you can ask your question directly to other consumers. Also, check out the schools to see how highly they are rated. http://www.greatschools.net is a great non-profit resource for this purpose. Thirdly, check out the police departments in the area to see what crime statistics are! Good Luck!
~~~
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Dec 2, 2010
Since real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, consider doing some homework of your own firsthand--research the area online, visit the neighborhood more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is important to you, get a sense of belonging, then make your determination--will your comfort level be reached--also consider working with any local agent.