is it true that with $5K to $10k I can transfer a tittle from a house to my name?

Asked by Giseldesarden, 33193 Mon Mar 17, 2014

I called to inquired about a house for rent, and the man that was helping me mention to me that I can rent to own or I can buy a house meaning transfer a tittle to my name, no credit check or nothing just pay what's behind on the house and Trulia will take care of the rest, so is to good to be true and I want to know how true and good is this? please let me know. thanks!

Answers

6
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Tue Mar 25, 2014
Arden Slidegester:

That is some way out crazy stuff!

Always beware of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that you find online. Especially when it come to real estate transfers, rentals or short-term accommodations.

You can - in theory transfer title for only $10.00 (Assuming that the current owner is in agreement) The process may be know as a filing of a Quit-Claim Deed" with the proper State/County Recorders Office.

What is behind on The House? Taxes, Mortgages, Liens...

Watch Out!
Samantha Ten…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun Mar 23, 2014
HI

You have to be so careful in what you do in Miami . Always consult with some Legal Advice before doing anything . There are to many scams in Miami . It's Better to get some helpful advice then to be sorry later .

Samantha Tenzer Friedman
Tenzer Realty
Cell : 786 314 6100
Email: SamanthaTenzer@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.tenzersellshomes.com
Yanoska Diaz, Agent, Miami, FL
Sun Mar 23, 2014
I have a couple of questions for you:

Who is this man you were talking to? A realtor, the homeowner?

How did he suggest that Trulia will take care of the rest?

1. You need to be very careful who you contact in the Trulia rental section, the number of rental scams are increasing by the day and you should not be "out there" on your own trying to secure a property for rent without the assistant of a real estate professional.

2. In addition to the rental scam you need to watch for, you do NOT acquire title to a property without the assistant of a real estate attorney and yes if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

3. Trulia is just a website where real estate professionals blog, offer their services, pay to advertise, etc to connect with potential buyers, sellers, renters of real estate. Trulia is not a real estate company licensed in any State, not a Title Company, does not engage in any real estate related transaction.
Steven Epste…, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Sun Mar 23, 2014
Run real fast the other way and call a reputable real estate attorney for the legal advise and a reputable real estate broker/agent for the business advice on this. Thanks for turning up yet another scam, its not only in Miami, although we are notorious for being #1 in this field, it occurs all over the country & world to the best of knowledge & belief. Best regards,
Giseldesarden, Renter, 33193
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Well I'm not in the realtor business that's why I'm asking to see what's true about this.. But I figured it is a scam like a lots of to good to be true things that are going around all over.. But thank you for your reply!
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Mar 17, 2014
"...so is it too good to be true?...."

I like this one..."...and Trulia will take care of the rest."

G in Miami,
You clearly are not aware of what is taking place. You should:
1. Call a Miami REALTOR to look after this.
or
2. Turn around and run as fast as you can.

There is way too much you do not know. You are in danger.
Pick up the phone and make the call.