is it possible to see claims against an individual property, i.e. property had previous flooding?

Asked by julie01, Austin, TX Tue Mar 25, 2014

Add some detail about your question

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Chandra R Pa…, Agent, Newport News, VA
Thu Mar 27, 2014
Hi julie01,
You can contact your insurance agent who would be able to get the answer for you. Additionally, you can pull a C.L.U.E. Report on that property. A C.L.U.E. (Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange) Report provides a history of the property (typically 5 years back) as it relates to the dates of claims, the insurance company involved in the claim, the type of policy on the property, whether loss was related to a named catastrophe (hurricane, etc.), the location of the loss, the amount paid and the cause of the loss. There is a small fee that you would pay, but it is well worth it in assisting you with making an informed decision on a property of interest. HTH!!

Chandra Patterson
Rose & Womble Realty Company
Licensed in VA
0 votes
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Thu Mar 27, 2014
You may get this information from your insurance agent simply by asking There is a national database shared by all insurers.
0 votes
Sean Sutton, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Mar 27, 2014
Hello Ms Julie 01, here is my best effort at properly answering your question:

Must a seller disclose prior water penetration in a property?

If the prior water penetration has been cured and any ensuing damage from the prior water penetration
has been cured, there is no longer a defect and the seller would not be obligated to disclose the prior water penetration. However, if the prior water penetration has not been cured or the ensuing damage has not been cured, then such items would be considered defects and the seller must disclose water penetration in a property.
I will be glad to help you in any way that I can
0 votes
Anthony Regn…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Lakeway, TX
Wed Mar 26, 2014
Hi Julie,

Here is a web link to an article on where it gives you some ideas on how you can research if a property has had a flood claim in the past. The best bet may be to get with your insurance agent and ask if they can do a search for you.

It shows how you can order a C.L.U.E. report which will give you a 5 year history or how to ask fo ra Seller's Disclosure or TDS (Transfer Disclosure Statement) to find out as well.

I hope this helps. If I can help in any other way please reach out to me on my cell phone at 512-659-1627.

I am a local lender here in Austin and am ready to help with any prequalification you may need or quote. Given the chance to serve you, you won't be dissapointed as our rates are extremely competitive and we provide excellent service and communication throughout the loan process.

Have a wonderful day,

Anthony Regner
Cobalt Mortgage - Austin Lakeway Branch
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more