is is possible to get a mortgage for a non-resident alien in ct??

Asked by Homeseller, 06604 Wed Feb 10, 2010

Answers

5
DANIEL LOREN…, , Trumbull, CT
Thu Feb 11, 2010
yes you can get a loan to buy in CT. but there are specific requirements that have to be met, give me a call and I can assist you further and provide you the information needed.
Daniel Lorenzetti
Cell # 203-243-3563
Elizabeth He…, Agent, Agawam, MA
Wed Feb 10, 2010
I actually have a couple of mortgage officers who can assist with your situation as well as immigration and real estate attorneys as I am currently working with clients relocating to Fairfield County from the U.K. I am a member of FIABCI/International real Estate Federation and I'm licensed in CT. If there is anything I can do to further assist you please contact me at elizabeth@elizabethherbert.com
Dawn Nostin, Agent, Glastonbury, CT
Wed Feb 10, 2010
There are many questions and scenarios that can be factors. I suggest you speak with a mortgage broker. Kim Price is the owner of Custom Mortgage and would be very happy to answer these questions. Her number is 860-841-4454
Jennifer Moc…, , Southport, CT
Wed Feb 10, 2010
I think it will greatly depend on a couple of things: how much collateral can you provide? Do you have a credit history, and if so, how high is your credit score?
You should definitely contact a mortgage broker and find out what the bank's lending criteria are, but I don't think that the non-resident alien status will have anything to do with wether they'll give you a mortgage, but rather the fact that you might not have a US credit history (although I think that you can submit bills from your home country to show that you are paying your bills on time).
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Feb 10, 2010
You should contact a local and trusted mortgage broker and they can prequailify you at no cost. This will tell you if you quailify for any mortgages to purchase here or not. I would stay away from the internet lenders.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com