is Napa a good place to raise kids....coming from the midwest with three girls. Looked at homes on last visit

Asked by Teresa, Midwest, WY Mon May 12, 2008

Answers

2
Rob Bunce’s answer
Rob Bunce, , 94559
Mon May 19, 2008
Good morning Teresa....
Napa is like most smaller communities and has its strong points as well as weak points. Kids today need consistent and loving parental guidence no matter which city they reside. If the kids come from a loving home where they are honored this will shine irregardless of the exterior environment.
I moved to Ca. in 1992 from the midwest and found the school system less than adequate in many communities. Overcrowded classrooms, unqualified teachers, low test scores, etc. I guess I was spoiled coming from the midwest. As a parent you must be diligent when researching local schools. Please use my website ( http://www.NapaOnTheWater.com ) and notice the left column of the front page and scroll to "Napa Schools" and click. Then once you are on the Napa Schools Page click on "Great Schools Info" and go from there. This website should help with other local questions, events, entertainment, etc. I have found a wonderful high School in Napa, New Technology High School, that has a great "hands on" approach. ( http://www.newtechhigh.org/Website2007/index.html )
Should you have additional questions I would be happy to give you some real answers. Napa is a great place to raise kids when you spend quality time with your children.

Thanks for the question, Rob
allen sovey, Agent, Napa, CA
Fri May 16, 2008
Having lived here 50 years of course am biased, but it is the greatest area possible. Raised my two daughters here and have been in sales nearly all my life. I have met thousands of people and what really sticks out ,are the ones who I have met, and they stated they could afford to live anywhere in the world and researched their options and ended up in Napa Valley.