is Cross creek subdivision a good place to buy a condo in atlanta 30327?

Asked by Roberts21, 30327 Wed Nov 17, 2010

Answers

12
KIKI JACKSON, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Wed Jan 7, 2015
I would be happy to show you around the areas and help you find the right house for your family.
We could set up an appointment to find out all of your wants and needs…then start the house hunt!
Look forward to speaking with you!

Kiki Jackson
Keller Williams Realty Peachtree Rd.
404-386-0232
Tom McCoy, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Tue Sep 16, 2014
Hello Robert,
I am a Realtor and I currently live in Cross Creek. Although I respect Drew's answer, Cross Creek is a neighborhood of all ages. We have a wonderful 18 hole par 3 golf course open to the public. There is a large clubhouse that has a full bar and restaurant as well as banquet facilities for rent. We have three swimming pools, two are considered more private adult pools that have both been remodeled in the last two years and one large club pool with life guard during the summer months more geared for parents w/children. We also have four newly refurbished tennis courts. We have a very convenient workout facility that I am a member of. We host many different events here that cater to adults as well as others events for the children in our community. I am currently a member of our community affairs group that is currently working on a tour of homes for the holiday season. I am also personally trying to get a dog park approved for our community. Our community is made up of over 900 residences. The HOA over the last 3 months has started an aggressive remodeling project for the entire community. Phase 1 is well on its way to being completed. This will be a three to four year project. Once completed property values should rise accordingly. Currently we have 2 bedroom homes available for as low as $112,000 and three bedrooms starting at $139,000. All of this in one of Atlanta's most convenient locations (no more than 30 minutes anywhere inside the Atlanta parameter) with one of Atlanta's the best elementary school district in being Morris Brandon. I would highly recommend Cross Creek as a great place to live. Please feel free to call or email me if you have any more questions. Thanks, Tom (404)285-0536, mccoy.tc@gmail.com, http://www.CrossCreekAtlanta.com
Drew, Home Owner, Atlanta, GA
Fri Oct 19, 2012
I have a friend who lives there. Its a nice property and they have a low annual fee for golf. Its mostly an older community.
Bob Morrison, , Atlanta, GA
Thu Nov 18, 2010
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your question. Cross Creek offers some good values and as several others have already stated, does have a nice amenity package. Expect to pay in the upper 200's to the upper $300's in monthly HOA fees. There are currently 30 active listings at Cross Creek ranging in price from 39,900 to 181,000. with the bulk of these listings priced below $120,000. This number of active listings would cause me to pause and consider my purchase. There are several short sale and foreclosure opportunites in this complex which would make me wonder what that would do to the values of these homes going forward, at least in the near future. So, is it a good place to buy a condo? I would say it is an affordable place to buy a condo in the area you are looking. I hope this helps you with your decision. Best of luck!

Bob Morrison bobby.morrison@metrobrokers.com
678-906-3463
Russ Garmon, Other Pro, Norcross, GA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Ken,
All Buyers should worry about repairs even with the understanding that may get funds to fix them.
Stewart Hamm…, , Atlanta, GA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Hey Robert -

Cross Creek can have some good values and it is in an excellent area of Atlanta close to all major business areas. Some parts are close to I-75 and some areas have experienced flooding due to Peachtree Creek. It is a very large community and somewhat dated in style. The amenities are nice - golf , swim, tennis, & a restaurant. You have to make sure you buy correctly to protect your investment - this comes with years of experience. Call me if I can help - 404-451-4602cell

Stewart Hammond
Beacham & Co
Ken Cook, , Atlanta, GA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
I wouldn't worry too much about any repair issues. There are several loan products available today to home owners buying properties that need repairs or upgrades.

Georgia FHA Leader
Ken Cook 877-7000-KEN (536)
NMLS ID 208452

Employer: AmericaHomeKey, Inc. 2300 Windy Ridge Parkway, Atlanta GA 30339. Georgia residential mortgage licensee #23191. NMLS ID 15076. Equal housing lender. Subject to errors, omissions and changes. Loans subject to approval
Scott Askew, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Cross Creek has been a stable environment for many an Atlantan over the years.
Megan Broom, , Atlanta, GA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Hi Robert,

It depends on what your personal preference is and how much you are looking to spend. There are great deals on condos in Buckhead right now in the same price range as Cross Creek. If you let me know a little more about your criteria, I can send you some active listings that I think you may like.

Megan
megan.broom@prudentialgeorgia.com
Web Reference:  http://www.meganbroom.com
Nancy Brooks, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Hi Robert,

Yes it is, it is in the heart of buckhead off of a golf course with resident dining. It is a 24hour security controlled entrence. I'd say it's a very good place to buy a condo and right now is a very good time to buy. Feel free to contact me if you would like to have a viewing. I have a great deal in that particular subdivision.

Nancy Brooks
678-253-7207
jo, , Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Have you visited the area? if so, how did you feel when YOU were there?
Russ Garmon, Other Pro, Norcross, GA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
I have done inspections on condos in that complex for years, the location is good, the units are older and could have repair issues and updating but the location I have no problem with and you can probably find a deal there as with most properties, I feel we are around the bottom.
Been Inspector, investor, broker for over 20 years.