Jill, regarding Interior renovation costs, here is what I recommend:-
1. Set your budget, how much money do you want to spend ?
2. What is your wish list, Wolf stove, fire place, deck, etc.
3. Set your projects, break them up into separate projects, bathroom, bedroom, cabinet wall unit.
4. Prioritize them, what is most needed by you and your family
5. Talk to friends, neighbors, realtors and get recommendations for local trades people.
6. Once settled get 3 estimates and go with the company you feel most comfortable with, who seems knowledgeable and reasonable price.
Good luck ~ Dave