Home Buying in New Jersey>Question Details

Happyfeet1020, Home Buyer in New Jersey

interest in 3 br condo/th in nj. saw some really nice complexes in west orange but the taxes are too high. Any alternatives that are equally as nice?

Asked by Happyfeet1020, New Jersey Tue Feb 7, 2012

I saw 3br townhouses in west orange in the 200,000-400,000. fees range from 300-600. But taxes 10,000 and up. Any other comparable complexes in new jersey with lower taxes. I am a financial analyst who works in ny, first time home buyer.

Answers

6
Certainly consider Morris County. NY Direct trains, great communities, and lower taxes than Essex County by far. Our office will be happy to assist you.
Web Reference: http://www.cocciarealty.com
Greetings Happyfeet,

In addition to Morris county, there are towns in Union county (Union and Summit) that have town homes and condos to consider. Taxes in these towns tend to be lower than West Orange.
If I can be of further assistance, kindly let me know. I really enjoy working with 1st time home buyers.

Dear Happyfeet1020, There are several townhome complexes that you could consider in commutable areas. Pompton Plains and Wayne are a very easy commute to NY and the tax structure is much more reasonable than W. Orange, particullary Pompton Plains. I happen to live in a townhome complex myself in Wayne so I am very familiar with all around this area. I can be reached at 201-259-5205
You should check out Lincoln Park in eastern Morris County.
Hunting Meadow has quite a few 3 BR units on the market

If you need details, let me know
I will be happy to help
Hi

I know exactly the communities where you have been looking (The Highlands, Eagle Ridge, Crystal Woods, etc) . They offer really great townhomes.........at great prices. Many of them were selling in the 500's at the height of the market.
Unfortunately, those are the taxes that we deal with in those complexes.

You can go into Morris County - which is further west from West Orange, so the commute will be a bit longer.
How long of a commute can you tolerate?
Do you want to travel via bus? train? drive to Harrison and take the Path??

I have some ideas in mind .............feel free to email me, and I will be happy to send you some current listings....and give you an overview of what they offer.

Best wishes

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties

email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Would you consider looking around the Morris county areas? Parsippany, Morristown, Morris Plains etc are good locations, low taxes, easy commute to NYC, have lots to offer.