in process of getting preapproved for first time home. looking for a single family detached in either orange or plainfield 70k what's thenext

Asked by Donell.m.thomas, Orange, NJ Wed Oct 26, 2011

step i've seen a few properties online that i'm very intrested in should i wait to lock in the loan or should i shop for a realtor now before the homes i want are gone.

Answers

3
Nilda Maccarelli’s answer
Nilda Maccar…, Agent, Madison, NJ
Wed Oct 26, 2011
You are doing all the right things ; you went for a preapproval, and have checked some homes online. now it is time for you to take the next step: Get a real estate agent !!!
An agent will help you and guide you through the house searching process,He/she will search , preview, and show you homes that meet your needs and wants, as well as your means. He/she will negotiate and be your advocate throughout the process.
so , take the plunge, get an agent!!!

By the way, I am a Weichert agent, very familiar with the Plainfield area
I have lived in Union County for almost 40 years, and I worked in Plainfield for over 30 years! So , give me a call or send me a message

Nilda Maccarelli
Weichert realtors
973-377-4460(office)
cell phone 908-403-8383
Web Reference:  http://www.realtornilda.com
Weichert Rea…, Agent, Watchung, NJ
Thu Feb 16, 2012
Did you make a offer on anything in 2011? Did you find a Realtor to work with? What do you need in a Realtor? Regards,
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Donnell,
Rate locks are for specified time frames, 15, 30, 45, 60 days and so on. The longer you lock for the higher the rate or fee. It's generally best not to lock a rate until you have an offer accepted and your inspection issues resolved.
You are doing the right thing by getting pre-approved early. Once you know for certain how much you qualify for, what programs are available you'll be in position to shop. Your lender may have some good suggestions for a Realtor, but you should talk to more than one to decide who you want to work with. A good agent will be invaluable in helping you through all the process and putting your interests first. Some agents are better than others, you'll want one who likes working with first time buyers and who is patient to answer all of your questions. Best of luck.