im trying to get pre qualified for a loan- help! I have $$ to put down my credit is rated poor - fair due to fraud & identity theft.

Asked by Lou Anne Norton, Sacramento County, CA Sat May 5, 2012

Can you help us out? Sinserely Lou Anne Norton {daughter} & Norma Norton {Mother}

Answers

2
Bob Willett, , Sacramento, CA
Mon May 7, 2012
If the problems are due to identity theft you can fix it, but it will take some time. One of the things that drives me nuts sometimes is that it is no easier to remove mistakes and errors than it is actual problems sometimes. Call Jeff Sipes at Blue Water Credit (916) 315-9190 and tell him I recommended you to him. He can tell you exactly what is involved, how long it’s going to take, and what it might costs.

That being said, sometimes people overestimate (or underestimate) their credit problems. Contact me through my profile and I can see where you stand without having to resolve your credit issues.
Web Reference:  http://www.SacRELender.com
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sat May 5, 2012
Lou Anne,
Step one is fix your credit. Fraud is not uncommon and can be a pain to resolve, but until it is it will stand in your way. The steps necessary to get around it are essentially the same as getting it removed, but getting it resolved first will improve your rate and terms.
Start by disputing each fraudulent account with each agency reporting it and include proof of the fraud. The time you put into this will be well worth it.