im selling my house what are the attorney fees associated in closing

Asked by jutmanb, 02420 Tue Nov 27, 2012

Answers

6
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
It really depends on what work the attorney will be doing and they (attorneys) all vary on what they charge. Ask your realtor or just talk to an attorney to get a breakdown on his/hers fees as well as the work they'll perform for you. Good luck with the sale. info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference:  http://www.wenrealty.com
Anthony Piem…, Agent, Boston, MA
Sun Dec 22, 2013
Hello! I'm not a Lawyer, but I have a great team of Lawyers that I have worked with, I would be more than happy to refer you to a couple of them. Most have a "flat" fee but I would suggest contacting some lawyers and find the best fit for you. Let me know if I can help!
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Thu Dec 12, 2013
That would depend on the attorney and sometimes on the amount of work.
Straight cash sale vs short sale for example.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Kathy Schell…, Agent, Plymouth, MA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
I would ask your agent to recommend three attorneys and have a conversation with each of them. Shop attorneys based on price, expertise, AND compatibility. You want to make sure you have a good rapport with them and feel they are responsive and available to you.
Carrie Polys, , Springfield, MA
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Best to ask an attonrey as they have different fees. You do have to pay any taxes that are du and seller tax stamps. I want to say around $2,000 but it depends wehre you live too.
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
This could vary greatly depending on several factors: Working on P&S, Fixing any title issues, Deed Preparation, Power of Attorney (if you don't go to closing), and/or having the attorney with you at closing.

My guess is $400-800 depending on how much of the listed things they do. Ask your friends or Realtor for a recommendation. Don't be afraid to ask about cost and what is included.