Home Buying in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Wandabrown10…, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

im looking for help with land contract homes, i have bad credit but tired of renting,I'm going through laxington to help clean my credit can some1help

Asked by Wandabrown102482, Detroit, MI Fri Nov 8, 2013

Buying a home on a land contract can be a very good way to own a home if you have bad credit. One of the main difficulties here is that property owners will no doubt do a credit check to see how risky you are.

My suggestion is this. First, make sure that you make all of your payments on time for at least 6 months. Meanwhile, try to save as much as possible to put as a down payment on a land contract.

Most land contracts only require a small down payment ($1,000 +/-) but if you can put down more then you show the owner that you are serious. Probably your biggest challenge, however, will be in locating a seller who will accept a land contract. Start by asking owners of homes that are available for rent. Another option which is similar to a land contract is a rent to own... but that is another discussion.
Cheriewells, rent to own means that every month you make a payment for rent, it builds up your equity (ownership) in the property.
If you would like some in-depth information on rent-to-own, I'd be more than happy to sit down with you.
Zak Vander Ark
(616) 581-0437
Flag Wed Dec 4, 2013
Many sellers want a very large initial downpayment when selling land contract.
Work hard to improve your credit and save up for that downpayment!
Flag Wed Dec 4, 2013
When you get a moment, can you explain rent to own?
Flag Mon Nov 11, 2013