im looking at a property with about3200 sq ft and a pool. Do you know where i can find out how much the electric bill would be?

Asked by Rohawk75, Cedar Hill, TX Mon May 23, 2011

Answers

6
Tearsha Free…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Oct 21, 2011
Hi Rohawk,

I just wanted to see if you have found a home. I surely know there are large homes in the area with pools. If you have not found the home you are looking for, I would be glad to assist you in finding that home. Once we find that home we can find out what the average billing of the electricity. You do have to consider that the variables between your usage and what the current owners would use in electricity will most always be different. If you have any others questions, please reply back or call me direct.

Tearsha Freeman
Ultima Real Estate
972-740-8867

When you refer your friends and family to me I will treat them as my own.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu May 26, 2011
Your buyers agent should be assisting you in gathering all the info. who should inquire to listing agent determine if the property owner will publish any data for you

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed May 25, 2011
Your question seems to have two parts: the house electric bill and the pool electric bill.

Be aware that your water bill for the pool, plus the chemicals, will run much higher than the electric to drive the pump. If you have an electric heater or an electric cooling mechanism for the pool water, that can be extremely costly to run.

A 3200-sf house needs energy input to warm it according to the degree-days of heating, the insulation in the walls etc, and the set temperature. Similarly, the cooling energy will be based on the thermostat, the efficiency of the A/C, and the degree-days.

These 6 variables do make it hard to estimate what the energy consumption would be. BUT, even if we could come up with estimate, the price people pay for electricity varies all over the map. A quick trip to http://www.PowerToChoose.org will open your eyes to the fact that well-known electric retail providers offer rates from as little as 8 cents/kW-hr to over 16 cents. This means your bill might be higher even though your usage is lower, and vice versa, your bill might be lower than your neighbor who uses a lot more electricity.

Just so you know from my personal experience with my own pool, the pump added about $35 per month to the electric bill. The water bill added 5 times that to my cost. And the chemicals 3 times that.
Web Reference:  http://www.SumnerRealty.com
Miracle Benn…, Agent, Cedar Hill, TX
Mon May 23, 2011
I am so sorry, but there is no real way to quantify this question. There are too many variables!

What I would do is have your REALTOR® ask the seller's agent to provide you with a copy of electric bills for the previous year (or a monthly accounting). If the home you are looking at is being sold by the owner, this shouldn't be a problem.

If the home is a foreclosure that information would be unavailable.

If you are not working with a buyer's agent who will help you will all aspects of your home purchase, it is in your best interest to select one and have put them to work for you! We love assisting our clients with finding the perfect new home.

Please let me know if I can help with any other questions!

Miracle Bennett, REALTOR®
RE/MAX Preferred Associates, Cedar Hill
214-763-1857
Greg Fowler, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon May 23, 2011
Rohawk,

So many variables to this question:
How efficient is the AC?
How efficient is the pool pump?
How is the insulation in the house?
What kind of windows does it have?

Electric bills vary greatly from one house to the next, so there is really no way to tell you a cost. The best way to request a monthly breakdown of the electric bill from the current occupant for the last 12 months. Even then, depending on where you set the thermostat, how disciplined you are about turning off lights, etc will affect the results that you actually see.

Hope this is helpful.

Greg
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon May 23, 2011
Consider asking the current owners for an estimate of costs; or ask a neighbor(s) with a similar property; or consider directly contacting the utility company and ask for an estimate...