im buying a house and i put 150,000 cash and house was 240,00 and alot of work need to be done but my agent

Asked by Allida, Wilmington, CA Thu Mar 26, 2009

does not want to help me in any way can i back out and go with another agent

Answers

8
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Thu Mar 26, 2009
I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say your agent doesn't want to help you. Do you mean complete the repairs to the property? Real estate agentds typically do not do this. Changing agents is not likely to result in finding one that doubles as a repairman.

However, to answer your question - if you are already into contract, the best you can do is ask the brokerage to re-assign another agent. They may or may not chose to do so. The agent you're using has already earned the commission.
Alex Montelo…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2014
I am not sure what you are asking. What do you ant them to help you with? The cost of repairs? If the house is too much for you to take on, I suggest you find a different house, not a different agent. I hope that you are not expecting the agent to pay for some of these repairs. Buying this house is your choice and any repairs or improvements are your responsibility.
Rafael Rende…, , Torrance, CA
Thu Aug 4, 2011
@Vicky Chrisner, thank you, best response. I truly appreciated how you did not "attack" the other agent, but got to the point/questioned asked.
Dyanna, , California
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Your agent might not know the guidelines to asking for repairs and that is why she/he is unable to help you. You should always have someone on your side that is going to make sure all of your interests are protected. The only problem I see with this is that you are already in escrow and unless you don't want this home and want to search for another, you might be stuck. If you can call me at 323.359.7992 or e-mail me at dyannaavila@hotmail.com I can answer more of your questions in detail so I can get a better understanding of where you are in the process.

Good Luck,
Dyanna Avila
Cassandra Mo…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Hi Allida,

I do understand your frustration and your concern. If you "signed" a buyer's representation with this agent, and you feel that this agent is "not" helping you in any way....then you can speak to her broker and request that this agent not represent you anymore.
Michael Magaw, Agent, Torrance, CA
Thu Mar 26, 2009
How long have you been in escrow? Did you already remove your contingencies?

Call or email me and I can give you some direction. The easiest path may be to speak to the agent's broker and get him to step in.

I would be happy to discuss with you.

Michael Magaw
310.259.6850
M@NHLBrokers.com
Web Reference:  http://www.NHLBrokers.com
Jane M Bolduc, Agent, Winslow, ME
Thu Mar 26, 2009
The first thing you should do is asked for a meeting with the brokers DB, to dicuss your issues and see what can be done to work with another agent with the office that may be more comfortable to work with and have more knowledge.
John Barry, Agent, Eagle Rock, VA
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Allida,

If you are not happy with your agent, you should certainly look for another. The last thing you need with the stress of trying buying a home is an agent who is unwilling to help you, let alone the potential liabilities that could ensue. Has your offer been accepted by the seller on the property you are trying to buy? Are you still within your time period to back out if you are uncomfortable with the amount of work needed to be done? These are questions your agent should be helping you with and guiding you through. I'm an agent with Coldwell Banker here in LA. Please email me at john.barry@coldwellbanker.com or call me at 323-810-7976, and I can possibly help you out if I can get some more information from you, and at the least would be able to refer you to a competent and knowledgeable real estate agent in your area.

Thanks, take care..

John Barry
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
john.barry@coldwellbanker.com