Edith, Other/Just Looking in 95122

if your a first time home buyer how much down payment would you need to be able to get monthly payments of

Asked by Edith, 95122 Wed May 6, 2009

1400 .

Answers

2
William Fist…, Agent, Cincinnati, OH
Wed May 6, 2009
Edith,
I suggest to the buyers I am working with, to consult with a lender/bank/mortgage provider/credit union, etc, to get preapproved. They will check your credit score, which has a strong influence for what interest rate they will charge you on your home loan. They will also determine if you want a 15 year, 30 year loan, or something else, which will also have a bearing on your monthly payments. The lender will be able to present you with a list of options, and discuss which may be the best for your situation. Hope this helps.
Dana Schuster, Agent, Slidell, LA
Wed May 6, 2009
It depends on the price of the home. You would need to know what your loan amount is(purchase price_down payment) and can use a mortgage calculator to figure monthly payments. Trulia has one that you could probably adapt to figure this out.