if you brought one of the houseboats how much is the monthy fee for the space?

Asked by Terry Steele, San Jose, CA Thu Aug 1, 2013

Answers

3
clecoque4, Agent, Mill Valley, CA
Sat Oct 12, 2013
The berth fees in range from around $700-1400 depending on the dock, location, and the size of the floating home. The berth fees include: water, sewer, garbage, dock maintenance, and parking. There are currently 2 different sources to get financing for floating homes- the rates range from about 5.75-6.0 right now. The property taxes are structured differently for floating homes so the tax is less than a land home. I am a licensed real estate agent that specializes in floating homes and I also live on one. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Carolyn LeCoque
415-465-4089
BRE# 01938976
Clark Goodri…, Agent, Larkspur, CA
Fri Aug 9, 2013
In addition to the monthly fees, you'll want to plan on higher interest rates than a normal mortgage if you are considering a houseboat purchase. Financing is more difficult to find and interest rates typically run 1-3 % higher than a traditional mortgage.
Kathleen Dir…, Agent, Sausalito, CA
Thu Aug 1, 2013
$800-$1300 berth monthly rental fee
includes usually: water & garbage, possibly sewer, grounds maintenance, maybe tv
Outside/Deep water Berths are $1100-$1300 est.