if im ready to buy my home by may 2013 and have my downpayment when should i get prequalifed? if i qualify will i be ready to move in by august?

Asked by John Thornton, Alexandria, VA Tue Feb 19, 2013

Answers

3
Travis Jackson’s answer
Travis Jacks…, Agent, Campbell, CA
Wed Feb 20, 2013
I would get pre qualified soon and get in touch with a local Real Estate expert. If you would like I could put you in contact with a Realtor in the area and they can guild you through the home buying experience. Send your info and what you are looking for in a home to Tjackson@c21mm.com

Travis Jackson
Century 21 M & M Associates
DRE# 01879566
http://www.48RealEstate.com
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Hi John -

The time is now! You shood speak to a qualifed mortgage person and get the lowdown on what you can afford to buy.

The big banks at the moment I have not seen much good activity. Craig LaBruno is my mortgage go to guy.. he is a Mortgage Broker and I find him to be a good guy, no nonsense. he knows his stuff. I only refer people that work within my high standards.

Call Craig to discuss your options. Avoid online mortgage companies. Call someone in the area.

Craig LaBruno
Senior Home Loan Consultant
Mortgage Capital Associates, Inc.
218 Schanck Road
Freehold, NJ 07728
NMLS# 242811
Fax: 732-909-2479
Luke Constan…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Hello John,

Here are 3 pieces of advice:

1. Be pre approved. Almost everyone in my business knows a pre approval is alot better than a pre qualification. Pre-quals are not taken seriously by real estate professionals.

2. I always recommend using a mortgage company than a bank. Banks sell the same morgages to these companies at a lesser rate and pass the savings down to you (depending on the company). 5/8ths of a point off may not sound like much, but it is when you're dealing with alot of money over a long period of time.

3. USE A GOOD REALTOR. It's at no cost to you and they will probably be able to help you find more properties in your price range than if you looked on your own. A good Realtor will also help you save money on your purchase of a new home by knowing the fair market value of the property.

The market is heating up this time of year, give me a call anytime!
Cell#: 2121.300.3919

Luke Constantino
REMAX NEW YORK
(212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com
261 4th Avenuue, Brooklyn NY 11215