if i wanted to back out of a purchase, due to the fact that i can not afford it now

Asked by Marion Anderson, Chicago, IL Tue Jul 1, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Greg Zaccagni, , Illinois
Tue Jul 1, 2008
I agree with Brandon. If you are having buyers remorse you need to think it through before loosing your earnest money. If your employment has changed then the conditions of your pre-approval have changed and you are no longer able to qualify. That would be the "honest" way out.
0 votes
Brandon Schu…, Agent, Western Springs, IL
Tue Jul 1, 2008
Simple ... Call your attorney and your loan officer. If your mortgage company issued a commitment, with a clear to close you may be in breech of the contract and the seller may get your earnest money.

I never understand how someone "can't" afford a home all of a sudden. What did you do in order to change your financial situation? Or are you just getting cold feet?
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more