Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

Betsyross, Home Buyer in Rochester, NY

if i signed an exclusive buyer agency agreement but my realtor goes to another company, can i still use my agent/

Asked by Betsyross, Rochester, NY Thu Jun 23, 2011

my agent is moving to a different company and i still want to work wih him. can i as long as i don't purchase a house i've already seen what do i tell the current company

Answers

4
Contact your agent's prior broker owner and or office manager and ask to terminate the agreement; once released, you can sign a new agreement with your agent.
You can still use your agent. When his licensed is attached to the new agency you should sign a new buyer agency contract and disclosure form with the new agency. It is also important to discuss the changes with the broker of the original firm that you signed the original paperwork. The agent works under the broker of record on his license and that is now changing.
Hello Betsy,
I agree with Ron. Inform the Broker of the company that your agent is departing from and tell him that you wish to continue to work with your agent even though he is switching companies and request to cancel your buyer's agency agreement with that real estate firm. And do let your agent know that you will be contacting his former Broker about it.
The Broker probably will comply with your request.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
My suggestion would be to call the ex-broker, the Broker he had when he started working with you:
Tell the Broker that you want to still work with the Agent.
This should nip any problems in the bud.
Most Brokers are understand and do not want complication.

Good luck and may God bless