if a home is off the market, is there anyway i can talk to the owner about selling it?

Asked by Dunkelaugen, Prescott Valley, AZ Sat Mar 5, 2011

the house is 3201 north lynx lake drive, in pv. Im still interested in it. i would like to talk to the owner!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun Mar 6, 2011
You can always reach out to them on your own, if you need more information about owners and etc try the county clerks web site. You can do a parcel search by address (which you have) first and last name or tax ID. You are always free to contact someone but odds are if it was list and no longer is, probably a valid reason as to why it is not selling. You may be better off using an agent or Realtor to help you find a property that IS available as there is clearly a lot of inventory in the area that is for sale.

Best of luck.
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Mar 5, 2011
Forward a note to the owner determine IF you will receive a response. If your buyers agent showed you property you may have to pay them commissions based on buyers rep agreement

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
0 votes
Brad Bergami…, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Sat Mar 5, 2011
The listing you are looking at is from 2008 at least and they where asking 299k. The county has a assesment value of 130k I am sure you can ask the owners direct if you would like to pay 299k they should be willing.
Do what the rest of the people posting suggested and get a good buyer's agent to help out.
Either way the owner is of public record and can be found here.
Best of Luck and let me know if you need some help,
Web Reference:  http://bradbergamini.com
0 votes
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sat Mar 5, 2011

The advice below is good: Find a buyer's agent.

However, to address your more basic question, remember that the actual transaction would be between you (the buyer) and the seller. Agents assist. They can represent. They can advise. They can do lots of the required paperwork. They can help in negotiations. All in all, they're very useful. But the actual transaction is between you and the seller. So if you want to approach the owner directly, you're perfectly entitled to.

Hope that helps.
0 votes
Jerry Cecil, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Sat Mar 5, 2011
I can't help but repeat some of what has already been said. Find a buyer's agent. I am a buyer's agent, so I know this sounds a bit self-serving. But, buying a home without representation is like going to court without an attorney. Law does not require that you are represented in either scenario, but I wouldn't recommend it. A buyer’s agent can:

• make sure that you are paying a fair price for the home
• make sure that your concerns about the home are fully addressed by the owner or their agent
• make sure the home is not in a flood zone or has adverse zoning
• help you find a home good inspector, to make sure the home is fit to purchase
• help you find a good title company to handle the title transfer
• help you with a company in which you can finance the home
• help you look for another home if this one doesn’t work out

In most cases, the buyer agents’ commission is paid by the seller, so there would be no cost to you. Give me a call directly if you have further questions. Good luck to you.
0 votes
Ann Howell, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Sat Mar 5, 2011
I agree with Sally,

You would do better to have a buyer's agent to represent you. Typically the seller is the one that pays the commissions, not the buyer. A buyer's agent would help protect your interests, help you determine a fair market value and help assure that all requirements are met for the transfer of the property.

Additionally, iIf the seller owes more on the property than it is worth, a short sale may be involved which could be better facilitated by a skilled short sale agent.

If this home is not available, the agent you choose can keep you up to date on other homes that are on the market or as they come on the market.

For the most part, those of us who answer questions here have buyer representation programs. You can check out agents by clicking on their profiles or searching their websites.

If you are determined to go it on your own, you could write a letter to the owner or look up the owner on the county records. http://www.co.yavapai.az.us.
Web Reference:  http://ProsperAZ.com
0 votes
Jim Mitchell, Agent, Tempe, AZ
Sat Mar 5, 2011
Hi Dunkelaugen. The best way is to simply 'knock' on the door and ask them if they're interested in selling it. I would recommend using a licensed REALTOR to write up the contract for your protection, but you would need to ask the sellers if they would pay a commission to your agent first. If they will not, then you have the option of paying a commission to your agent OR you''ll have to work out a purchase agreement between yourself and the sellers, unrepresented by a licensed agent.

Word of advice: there are a LOT of important items that go into the purchase of a home, and a good REALTOR will advise you of what to look out for to protect your interest. It's a small price to pay for what may be the biggest investment you'll ever make.

Hope that helps!

Jim Mitchell
Century 21 All Star, REALTORS
0 votes
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Sat Mar 5, 2011
First step in buying a home is to find a local Realtor to represent you as a buyer's agent. That agent can try to contact the home owner, or the previous listing agent (if the seller still wants to be represented by the listing agent). I'm sure you'll get some responses from agents in your area who are willing to help you. If not, I can find an agent for you in one of our sister offices. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.sallygrenier
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more