if Im working with the realtor that is on the house,are they gonna help me get the best price, or are they going to try to get as much as they can

Asked by Jennsteiner, Portland, MO Thu Sep 10, 2009

I heard they are going to try to get they're commision for it first, and help the sellers more than help the buyers. Should i have found a different realtor, to help me?

Answers

4
Michael Hump…, , Winchester, VA
Thu Sep 10, 2009
Yes always get some one that is working for you. How can one person have the best interest of 2 people at the same time. YOur goal is to get the house for as cheap as you can. The seller's goal is to get as much for the house as they can. One perosn can not do both of those. They just want to get paid more.
John A. Kalo…, , Naples, FL
Thu Sep 10, 2009
It sounds as if u have misgivings about your agent's role in the deal. Make him aware of your thoughts & ask him if he thinks u should get another agent to negotiate 4 u. If another agent gets in the picture, he will have to split his commission at no cost 2 u. If he is smart, he will make sure that the seller as well as u get a fair deal.
Shawn McStra…, Agent, Matthews, NC
Thu Sep 10, 2009
Technically, a REALTOR is supposed to only be a negotiator between the buyer and the seller. DO NOT tell the REALTOR anything you do not want the seller's to know. They should be bound by confidentiality to not share anything between the two of you during the deal, but in my experience, REALTORS talk more than listen.
Saying that, I don't think you necessarily need another agent, just know what you are getting into and make sure you do your research because the agent can only give their advice. Good luck!
Joe Powell, Agent, Newnan, GA
Thu Sep 10, 2009
I must first ask the question.... "Are you represented by this agent?" Any good agent should represent the best interests of thier client. Do you have a written agreement in place with your agent that allows them to represent you? Each state has laws pertaining to representation. Not all agents are just going after the commission. The best agents in the business establish a relationship with their clients and are truely interested in meeting their needs while protecting thier bests interests.