i would like to look at gated adult communities. How can I narrow search?

Asked by Ursula Endara, Suffolk County, NY Wed Aug 24, 2011

Answers

7
Judith Buckr…, , Suffolk County, NY
Thu Sep 1, 2011
I did the search for myself and live in a 55+ community. I am an agent with century 21 in St.James. I also have listings in some of them. Contact me at. JUDYBUCKRE@Yahoo. Com
Lisa Leib, Agent, Smithtown NY, NY
Thu Aug 25, 2011
The simplest approach, go to mlsli.com and check off or choose "gated communities" and 55+and older - it helps to know the scope of locations you would consider. Or shoot me an email/call I can set this up so that you receive all the properties available each morning and any price changes that come out. If your selling your home in Smithtown, I can also send you a market analysis for what your home is worth today.
Enjoy the excitement of a new beginning and I am here to help, Lisa Leib, Broker Associate - 631-678-5794,lleib@optonline.net
Web Reference:  http://www.lisaleib.com
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Ursula, we have a FREE service to offer you...ListingBook. ListingBook is connected to the Multiple Listing Service and you can see everything that is on the market.

The cool part of this is that you can set listing book up to show you ONLY gated adult communities.

There is no charge and there is no obligation. I will be happy to do it for you and there is very little information I will need to do so.

This service will not obligate you to me; you can work with any Realtor with whom you are comfortable.

Contact me at Gail@GailGladstone.com or call me at 631-425-6150 and I will set you up.
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Aug 24, 2011
The easiest way is to work with an agent of your own; also check out http://www.mlsli.com
Lyssa Guglio…, Agent, Smithtown, NY
Wed Aug 24, 2011
The best way to start narrowing down the choices is to choose where you want to live. What cities or towns are you interested in. Once you have that decided then you need to figure out what price range you are going to be comfortable with. With the town and the price decided, it becomes a much easier process. Other factors that need to be considered in narrowing down your list is what ammenities you are looking for. Are you only interested in communities that have a pool or a golf course. Then you have just narrowed your search down substantially.

With this information in hand you can start your search online if you are more comfortable with that. Any of the real estate sites(including this site) will be able to show you some availability once you provide the above parameters. A Realtor can also help you by giving you additional information on the area, the community and the availability. They can help you navigate through the whole process and even make some recommendations that you may not have even considered.

If I can answer any other questions for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards and Happy House Hunting
Lyssa
Franklin Bla…, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Aug 24, 2011
You may want to hire a Realtor to be of help. It may be easiest way, and least invasive way, of getting what ever information you need with "no" strings attached.
My contact information is included in all of my profiles.
Rob Scarito, Agent, Smithtown, NY
Wed Aug 24, 2011
If you go on mlsli.com you can narrow search to just rentals for 55 and older. Please feel free to call me at 631-858-6932 and I would be happy to help. Thanks, Rob