i want to buy a home in texas but i live in washington state is this possible?

Asked by npruneda97, Mission, TX Mon Jul 30, 2012

my husband and i are planning on moving to texas but we would like to have a home first in order to move our family he has been offered a job and his future boss says that they will wait or have the position open until we find a home to move in we have talked to severl people and we get in the process of prequalifying and get approval and such and when we need to move the next step we they tell us wwe cant because we have to have proof of income from the texas employer please help anyone who knows what to do or who to talk to we would like to buy this home asap!!!!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Luba Shukers, , Texas
Tue Jul 31, 2012
typically lenders will want to see the offer letter and 30 dys of paystubs from the new job in Texas. Is the job similar to the current job description?
0 votes
Nadine Cius, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Jul 30, 2012
You will need 30 days paystubs from your new Texas employer in order to get a loan. If you have found a home that you love, submit a contract and ask for a 45 - 60 day closing. This will allow you enough time to accumulate the 30 days paystub needed.

If the home is vacant, ask the seller to do a temporary lease prior to closing. This way you can move in the property while you are working on the loan. Find an experienced Realtor in the area to help you with this.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Pharr Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more