i want buy my first house i not have any idea what i have to do ? first i have go to the bank or i have see the house and talk with the bank

Asked by Muneco25, Oconomowoc, WI Fri Jan 27, 2012

Answers

11
kevin.x.ocon…, , Oconomowoc, WI
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Congratulations on your decision to buy a house. Buying a home is a big decision. And the first step is to work with a lender and get pre-qualified. Email me at kevin.x.oconnor@chase.com or call me at 262-560-6186 I will be happy to help you with the financing of your new home.
Dena Schlutz, Agent, Boulder, CO
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Talk to friends and family to find an awesome Realtor to guide you through the process. Referrals from happy clients are the best source to find a good match for you. They should be experienced in the area that you are looking in because it's important to know details about the location (schools, city plans, traffic patterns, the good the bad and the ugly).

Understand that buying a home is exciting, but it is also one of the most stressful events of a lifetime even if everything is smooth. You are making one of the biggest financial decisions of your life and you will feel the stress. Being prepared for the stress and planning ahead will help you feel better :)

Dena Schlutz
Broker / Owner
Estate Professionals
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Hi, The very first step is getting yourself pre approved for a mortgaeg, either through a bank or a mortgage broker. Keep in mind if you go straight to a bank you only get what they have to offer, a broker will shop for the best rate and program for you. Do a little comparison so you reach a level of comfort. Once the bank pre approves you you'll have a specific number to use as a guide for what you can affoprd. This makes the inital home search a lot easier because you already know what you can spend. Next find a buyers agent to work with. They will represent you and your best interest. A listing agent for a property represents the seller, and their best interest. So if you go directly to a listing agent of a property keep in mind that anything you tell them can and will be used against you in a negotiation.

Try to get a referral for an agent from a family member, colleague, or friend. If not then meet awith a few to see who you click with best. They will guide through the rest of the process, it's just that simple! Good luck!

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Wisconsinmor…, , Wisconsin
Wed Jan 16, 2013
That's great. You first want to meet with a lender and get pre qualified. You should call a lender and ask them what you need to bring in. Generally you will need 2 years of taxes and 30 days of paystubs if you are employed by others. You will also want to bring 2 months of bank statemnets, all pages. After you are approved you should meet with a local Realtor and sign a buyer agency agreement. They can explain how that works for you. Good Luck and Thank you!
Remax Realty…, Agent, Oconomowoc, WI
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Congrats on your decision to buy a house. It can be a great experience if you have the right people helping you! Email me at lisaannbear@gmail.com or call me at 262-893-5555 I will be happy to get you started in the right direction.

Also -- check out http://realestateinwisconsinlisabear.blogspot.com/, there are several helpful articles there.

Happy to help without scaring you with the used car saleman approach! ;-)

Lisa
Web Reference:  http://www.lisabear.com
June Herman &…, Agent, Watertown, WI
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Hi Muneco25, I agree with the other agents about meeting with a lender as one of the steps to get started. My recommendation would be that your very first step is to meet with and "interview" one or several local real estate agents. One purpose for this is to feel comfortable in choosing a person who will help guide you through the process. That person can review with you your hopes and dreams in finding a home, what you can expect to find and determine what general price range you might search in, discuss the process of home buying so you are informed about the process from "Day One", and get a couple recommendations for lenders you could consider contacting. We don't get "kickbacks" from lenders, but we do know from experience which lenders have both competitive rates AND excellent service that will help assure your transaction will result in a happy ending!
Mary Jo Bowe, Agent, Eau Claire, WI
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Yes as mentioned in previous emails the lender is your first step in the process, once meeting with a lender to determine what type of loan program you are going to go with such as FHA, 100% financing, conventional, etc with the type of loan program decided on that will determine what type of home you will be able to purchase not only in price range but loan program. Then contact a realtor and interview them to decide who you are comfortable working with. With many foreclosures and short sale properties you will need to have a agent who has knowledge and experience working in those areas

good luck
Bob Tarantino, , Wisconsin
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Hello!

Getting a PreApproval letter is a wise place to start. Your offer will certainly be stronger when you get to that point. Your second step is choosing an agent that you are comfortable with and is working on your behalf under a signed "Buyer Agency Agreement". Even better yet, you want an agent that offers a Buyer Rewards Program - like we do here at Badgerland. Just click my web link to see what I'm talking about. If you are interested I can have one of my agents set up with you immediately.

Bob Tarantino, President
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Fri Jan 27, 2012
First you need to find a lender and get a pre-qualification or pre-approval. To do this, ask around and interview several lenders until you find a good fit. I work with several that are very good and trustworthy. If you would like their information, I would be happy to send it to you. No strings.

You will want to go through the same procedure when locating an agent to work FOR YOU! You will want to use the same interviewing process to find a good fit. Ask your agent to set you up on auto email - sending you the homes that fit your criteria such as price range, area, bedrooms and other needs. Do yourself a favor and make sure you commit to that agent and they will then commit to you.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Jan 27, 2012
If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously; therefore visit with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with....
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Step #1 = Speak to a lender and get prequalified. This will let you know that you can qualify for a loan and for how much.

Step #2 = Seek out a Realtor. They will need to know what the lender told you so that they can find appropriate homes in the correct price range for you to go look at.