i need to post my apt for sec8 where do i go

Asked by Kdfj, Sacramento, CA Tue May 5, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Erin, , South Lake Tahoe, CA
Tue May 5, 2009
Go to http://www.shra.org and you'll find all kinds of information including what your unit needs to pass the inspection for qualification for Section 8 housing.

I hope this helps.
Web Reference:  http://SoldByErin.net
0 votes
Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue May 5, 2009
If you want to advertise your property for rent as a Section 8 housing, for Sacramento County, go to http://www.shra.org.

This is only good for Sacramento County. Each county has their own website and procedures. When you advertise there, the ad is good for about 14 days. You need to renew it to keep it active. Also, if you find a tenant for Section 8, you need to check their qualifications that they match your home. For example if they are qualified for a two bedroom,they cannot rent your 3 bedroom home. I suggest you do not try to work a deal outside the regulations as there can be fines....

Once you have a tenant that you have qualified through your normal standards, and that has qualifications in Section 8, you need to have an inspection prior to them authorizing funding for Section 8. That can take a month or so to get you in the system.

For more information on the process, you can contact me directly. I have properties that I rent to Section 8 tenants and love it.
Web Reference:  http://www.suearcher.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more