i need help on buying a house im a first time buyer

Asked by Dirojcr, New Haven, CT Tue Dec 3, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

7
Dennis Evans, Agent, Clifton Park, NY
Wed Dec 4, 2013
Looks like you have numerous choices to chose from on this site! Take a god look you has listings and sales experience and then interview the top three to get the best agent to work with!
best of luck to you.... You are in good hands!
Fran Morrow, Agent, Orange, CT
Wed Dec 4, 2013
Dear Dirojcr,

What an exciting time for you!

All great answers below. I also agree that the first step would be to find out how much you can spend on your home and, I too, have a loan officer in my office who would be happy to help you with that.

The next step would be to select a brokerage firm and realtor that you feel comfortable with. I would love to interview for the job. Please feel free to contact me on my cell phone at 203-605-7733.

Best of luck to you!

Fran Morrow
REALTOR

COLDWELL BANKER RESIDENTAIL BROKERAGE
564 RACEBROOK ROAD
ORANGE, CT 06477

(203) 605-7733 CELL
(203) 795-2457 VM
(203) 795-6000 OFFICE
(203) 799-3251 FAX

Visit My Website at: http://www.FranMorrow.com
Greg Hanner, Agent, Waterford, CT
Tue Dec 3, 2013
Hi Dirojcr,

I agree with Jill's and other recommendations below. Start with "finding the money" by getting pre-qualified by a good lender. I prefer that my clients work with a mortgage originator who's local and not someone that's over state lines or a website that's impersonal. You'll need your local originator's support at off hours when you need a pre-approval letter when you find the perfect home you want to make an offer on.

After you get pre-approved and understand what price range you need to focus your property search on, you can focus on "finding the house" with a good Buyer's agent. Not all agents are looking out for your interests. Remember this: Listing agents represent the Sellers, not you. You deserve to have your interests represented and you can do so by forging a relationship with a Buyer's Agent. There often is no "out-of-pocket" cost to you for your Buyer's agent's services as they are typically paid by the Listing agent sharing a portion of their commission should you purchase a property.

You don't have to be joined at the hip forever with a Buyer's agent. You can have an agreement for a single property and doing that allows you to get a feel if you and the agent are a good match.

Best of luck with your search and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Greg Hanner, Broker, REALTOR, e-PRO
http://www.GardenRealty.com
, ,
Tue Dec 3, 2013
This is a very exciting process you are starting.
My first recommendation is to speak with a loan officer to review your credit and see if anything needs to be addressed. Secondly grab your past 4 paystubs and your W2s for the past two years and let them review your income and how much you can qualify for.

That will start you on your way.

One last thing. There is a first time buyers program in Connecticut called CHFA. I would certain check out that program. The rate is lower than the regular rates.

Call if you have any questions Best of luck to you!!!!
Stefanie Sar…, Agent, Westport, CT
Tue Dec 3, 2013
I'm more then happy to help you through the process. I have a wonderful mortgage broker that will help you through the pre qualification procedure. Feel free to contact me via email: srunlett@live.com or 203-996-0513.

Thank you, best of luck!

Stefanie Runlett
Brian Valenti, Agent, Cheshire, CT
Tue Dec 3, 2013
Buying a house as a first time buyer can be overwhelming. The first step is to find a full time Realtor who can walk you through the process. I would recommend you talk to a mortgage person to find out how much you are qualified for. I would like to help you through the process. Please contact me at 203-687-6634.
Brian Valenti
Eric Radziun…, Agent, Hamden, CT
Tue Dec 3, 2013
Feel free to contact me and we can discuss some options for you.